perhaps a throttle on TSA?

Remember that the DHS, TSA, FBI, CIA, NSA, and FAA said there was no GA threat to Disney-anything? Did that matter?

Hey...I just figured out the problem...our acronym is one letter too short!:smilewinkgrin:

Bah, enough of the cheerleader bashing, I love them!

cheerleader.jpg

dallas-cowboys-cheerleader.jpg

You really need to learn how to spell- it's überlords- it's not right without the umlaut. Verstehan Sie?

We don't need no stinkin' umlauts. This here's the internet and I can smell things however I want. Anyway speling is overrated.

(shakes head)

Let's try this again: We don't discuss what we did or did not do. We do it and move on. We are not in the business of declaring "winners" and "losers."

OK?

Jus' keep trying. Sooner or later you folks will find the right spot.

Hint: if you're even thinking about things in terms of winners and losers then you're in the wrong spot.

That said, you did much better than the last guy who tried to tell folks what they could imagine.

Dude. Seriously?

Dude. You think folks don't need trained? Like maybe they were hatched out just knowing? Or perhaps you can find no similarity in TSA's approach to some rules/regulations and the so called management council's approach to some areas of concern. Oh well.

Lets see you know go and slam Lance for writing the same thing I did.
Lance did not write the same thing you did. You blamed it on the previous administration. He blamed it on nobody. The difference is that bashing the previous administration, as you did, is cheerleading for the present one, since the whole reason the current president was elected was that he was more different from the previous one than his opponent.

I don't care in the slightest why people in the SZ dogpile on conservatives. I only care that it doesn't leak out into the rest of the forum, where I have to put up with it.

Last edited:
Bah, enough of the cheerleader bashing, I love them!

cheerleader.jpg

dallas-cowboys-cheerleader.jpg

Now that is the kind of cheerleading I can get behind! Or in front of, or besides. Yeah, I better shut up. :D

Lance did not write the same thing you did. You blamed it on the previous administration. He blamed it on nobody.
Sorry Jay we both blamed it on the reckless attitude of the 'your with us or against crowd'. Same exact thing. You just see 'cheerleader; where you want to. You often ignore it when it is a view that you agree with.

Sorry Jay we both blamed it on the reckless attitude of the 'your with us or against crowd'. Same exact thing.
Nope. You explicitly blamed it on the previous administration. If you hadn't, I wouldn't have said a word.

You just see 'cheerleader; where you want to. You often ignore it when it is a view that you agree with.
How can I? The conservatives around here get slapped down immediately. There are few political views I agree with that last any time at all.

Nope. You explicitly blamed it on the previous administration. If you hadn't, I wouldn't have said a word.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

How can I? The conservatives around here get slapped down immediately. There are few political views I agree with that last any time at all.
What a load of bovine excrement and wholly untrue.

Worlds%20Smallest%20Violin.jpg

If you guys want to blather at each other, by all means, carry on- just use PMs or emails for it. Going out on a limb here, but I thnk most others are well-sick of it.

ditto, Spike. I'm feeling like our happy little front porch has gotten a might unfriendly here lately... with no fingers pointed in ANY direction.

A few thoughts.

1) Bravo Zulu Jess
2) Bravo Zulu Spike

Now back to the SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS THREAD!!! The TSA is kind of funny! Well not really but they profess to be our great protectors and recently a woman who falsely claimed to be kidnapped with her 9 yo daughter in the Philly area ( it was all over the national news) walked through PHL went through the TSA check points and boarded a plane to Orlando with her daughter.

Mom had a stolen PA Drivers License from a co worker and tickets for her and her daughter. When local news asked how they were let through TSA came up with the response well were here to check for weapons and explosives. mmmmmmm anyone perhaps teach them that folks who may try to do harm to a plane in flight may not actually use their real names. :mad3:

I firmly belive as I've said before it is the ILLUSION of Security. It is our job to keep telling folks that the emporer has no clothes!

BTW Murphy you mistake was common. sometimes its hard to detect scarcasim on the net, so thats what we use the smilies for.

Last edited:
I have a TSA story today. I am here at school doing recurrent training. There is a guy in my class from Vienna who they will not let into the sim because he doesn't have the proper paperwork approved by the TSA. As I understand it you always had to have this approval for initial training but not for recurrent. They only changed the rule very recently, like last week, so the guy is here in this country but can't get in the sim to finish the course. Remember, this guy is at recurrent training so he already knows how to fly the airplane. :frown2:

I have a TSA story today. I am here at school doing recurrent training. There is a guy in my class from Vienna who they will not let into the sim because he doesn't have the proper paperwork approved by the TSA. As I understand it you always had to have this approval for initial training but not for recurrent. They only changed the rule very recently, like last week, so the guy is here in this country but can't get in the sim to finish the course. Remember, this guy is at recurrent training so he already knows how to fly the airplane. :frown2:

Plus he's Austrian.

Oh, the whole thing is frickin' ridiculous. Just absolutely ridiculous. A fantastic, unbelievable waste of BILLIONS of tax dollars. BILLIONS!! And you know what? We'll NEVER end it. NEVER.

Experienced a TSA story this weekend. Old guy in a suit walked up with 2 young blokes in high-visibility vests with the letters TSA written on them. He then just sat around for a while. After a few minutes (during which I stared at him intensely because I wanted to see if he would react, and because I was bored) he went to the ticket counter and flashed a badge at the flight attendent there. Then he went to one of those alarm-protected doors, set off the alarm, and walked outside. Naturally, I expected something to happen, but nobody seemed to care. I then passed him a few minutes later walking down the jetway.

Glad to see out tax dollars at work....at least now I know that nobody cares about those alarm doors :rolleyes:

Went thru a major airport last week. Gate agent frantically swipes the card reader for the ground level door leading to the ramp access for the "regional" aircraft. Takes like 15 tries before the latch releases. And then promptly blocks the door open before exiting to assist in deplaning passengers of an arriving aircraft. This is in an area with multiple "gates" so there are several dozens of passengers sitting/standing around waiting for their flights. I wonder what the TSA-gents would have done if the passengers all decided to wander out onto the ramp. Remember, my hands are deadly weapons.

Glad to see out tax dollars at work....at least now I know that nobody cares about those alarm doors :rolleyes:

Experienced a TSA story this weekend. Old guy in a suit walked up with 2 young blokes in high-visibility vests with the letters TSA written on them. He then just sat around for a while. After a few minutes (during which I stared at him intensely because I wanted to see if he would react, and because I was bored) he went to the ticket counter and flashed a badge at the flight attendent there. Then he went to one of those alarm-protected doors, set off the alarm, and walked outside. Naturally, I expected something to happen, but nobody seemed to care. I then passed him a few minutes later walking down the jetway.

Hey, the guy had legit orange vest like you can get at Toys-R-Us with three letters you can get as Home Depot for .39 each. Sounds like he was fully credentialed.

I imagine if you had yelled "Alla Akbar!" and charged the gate with a machete that guy would told you that joking at an airport is a serious matter. :rolleyes:

Everyone seems to forget that the entire premis for any different security measures is flawed....

Everyone seems to forget that the entire premis for any different security measures is flawed....

Everyone forgets that no one in airport security on 9/11 failed to do their job.

THAT'S why they had to be made federal employees of a new cabinet department with lotsa attitude, no accountability, unlimited budget, unlimited power!

one sad irony I've come to realize in this, that even though TSA appears to have backed off a bit, it's sort of like being threatened with a baseball bat, but beat with a switch. Still sucks.

In a free society, everything that is not on a list of prohibited activities is allowed.

In a police state, everything that is not on a list of allowed activities is prohibited.

The TSA's new "easing" of restrictions is turning GA ramps into mini police states.

Does the Senate need to pass a corresponding bill to HR2200 with amendments?

I don't think this has been mentioned elsewhere yet (somebody correct me if I'm wrong) but H.R. 2200 passed the House 397-25, with all amendments agreed to.

The General Aviation Security section as far as I see, says they have to report on how they're spending the allocated funds.

THAT'S what this is all about. "SEE? We held lots of meetings where we put our fingers in our ears and made them print badges!"

I can't get the amendments link to work.

Maybe this will work (it's a long, funky link): http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/L?d111:./temp/~bdaW6DL:1[1-15](Amendments_For_H.R.2200)&./temp/~bd4N4N

Edit: Nope, not so much. There are some brackets in there that VB mustn't like formatting. Oh well... If you hit the first link in my post, you can just click the "Amendments" link and get the list.

By the way, the bill is now in the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation. Members are:

Democrats:
Chairman John D. Rockefeller, IV (WV)
Daniel K. Inouye (HI)
John F. Kerry (MA)
Byron L. Dorgan (ND)
Barbara Boxer (CA)
Bill Nelson (FL)
Maria Cantwell (WA)
Frank R. Lautenberg (NJ)
Mark Pryor (AR)
Claire McCaskill (MO)
Amy Klobuchar (MN)
Tom Udall (NM)
Mark Warner (VA)
Mark Begich (AK)

Republicans:
Ranking Member Kay Bailey Hutchison (TX)
Olympia J. Snowe (ME)
John Ensign (NV)
Jim DeMint (SC)
John Thune (SD)
Roger Wicker (MS)
Johnny Isakson (GA)
David Vitter (LA)
Sam Brownback (KS)
Mel Martinez (FL)
Mike Johanns (NE)

Give them a shout and encourage them to send it to the Senate floor with those amendments we like intact.

Last edited:
Back