Performance Charts Question

ARFlyer

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
ARFlyer
I have a question regarding how to figure out takeoff/landing distances with out performance charts? The aircraft we fly, Maules, at our flight school have an almost nonexistant AFM. All it includes is basic flight data (Vspeeds, fuel flow, oil amount etc...), W&B and basic checklists. It's not even divided into eight sections.

To get off my soap box I'm currenty getting ready to take my instrument check ride. Normally performance and AFM questions don't come up into our checkrides with our old DPE. Cause he knows that it doesn't exist. Well our new DPE hasn't learned this and I have over heard that he asks these questions.

So is there anyway to figure out a ball park figure and a reason I said that number? I know I can takeoff in less than 1000' and land in 300'.

Thanks

P.S. Hello to everyone! I finally decide to join after lurking for a few months. I have already learned some very valuable Infomation from you guys.

You can try contacting the Maule factory -- they are reputed to be very responsive to customer requests for assistance. The only other choice is to develop your own by flying the events and recording the results. This isn't hard to do for cruise data (keep careful track of fuel usage along with inflight performance data), but it takes a lot of work for takeoff and landing data.

And welcome to the PoA -- glad you find this information valuable.

Back