Perfect flying day

Toby

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Toby Speed
The good weather was in the east today for a change -- a T-shirt day! I flew up to HFD in the 172 with my friend and met up with Alaska-bound Kath and her friends for lunch. We sat out in the sun on the restaurant deck and watched the airplanes come and go. No pictures to show you, sorry. Just think baby blue!

Katherine, you sound like a pro on the radio. Anyone would think you had 10 years of flying under your belt. :)

Toby said:
The good weather was in the east today for a change -- a T-shirt day! I flew up to HFD in the 172 with my friend and met up with Alaska-bound Kath and her friends for lunch. We sat out in the sun on the restaurant deck and watched the airplanes come and go. No pictures to show you, sorry. Just think baby blue!

Katherine, you sound like a pro on the radio. Anyone would think you had 10 years of flying under your belt. :)

You are making me jealous :) Glad you had a great day.

Carol said:
You are making me jealous :) Glad you had a great day.
If you saw my bank account, you would not be jealous. :)

Come fly up sometime!

Hey. It was meant to be spent. Like Ferenc Molnar said, "you can't take it with you".

bbchien said:
Hey. It was meant to be spent. Like Ferenc Molnar said, "you can't take it with you".

my personal favorite:
I never saw a Wells Fargo truck pull in to a cemetery
.....unknown
:p

Re: Perfect flying day/thread creep

bbchien said:

Reminds me of the story of the beautiful young woman who was dating a man who was significantly older than she was. He said, "Honey, I know you are dating me just for my money but I love you anyway." She said, "Oh no, my dear. I love you only for you. In fact, when you die I will bury all your money with you." So they married and a few years later he did indeed die.

At his funeral her best friend was at her side. The friend reminded her of the promise and asked her if she intended to follow through on it. She replied, "But of COURSE. It's all in there with him. I wrote a check."

To make this aviation-related.. she used the money to buy an airplane :D

LOL! OK, I feel better now.

I don't get the joke. Maybe I'm just dense. Or maybe I got up at 4am this morning and rode out to airport at 6am and put 5.3 hours on the hobbs with four stops in three states and just got home an hour ago...
Oh wait now I get it! Hahahaha!

Today was perfect for flying. Mt Washington was sticking up like a.... like a.... oh I'm so tired I can't even come up with a good metaphor. Mt Washington was beautiful. The Connecticut River was beautiful. I got to hang out with Toby and talk about airplanes. I got to take my Antarctic friends for a ride, and show them not only what a really good landing looks like, but also what a bad one looks like. Flew home solo at dusk, exploring strange AM radio stations with the ADF. Dusk is the greatest. A thin little sliver moon. Ahhhhhhh I'm going to sleep well tonight. I love flying so muchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

--Kath

kath said:
I don't get the joke. Maybe I'm just dense. .....

--Kath

You probably got it by now but....

She promised him she'd bury him with all his money. She told her friend she wrote him a check. Since he can't cash the check and collect his money she is left with it.

kath said:
I don't get the joke. Maybe I'm just dense. Or maybe I got up at 4am this morning and rode out to airport at 6am and put 5.3 hours on the hobbs with four stops in three states and just got home an hour ago...
Oh wait now I get it! Hahahaha!

Today was perfect for flying. Mt Washington was sticking up like a.... like a.... oh I'm so tired I can't even come up with a good metaphor. Mt Washington was beautiful. The Connecticut River was beautiful. I got to hang out with Toby and talk about airplanes. I got to take my Antarctic friends for a ride, and show them not only what a really good landing looks like, but also what a bad one looks like. Flew home solo at dusk, exploring strange AM radio stations with the ADF. Dusk is the greatest. A thin little sliver moon. Ahhhhhhh I'm going to sleep well tonight. I love flying so muchzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

--Kath

Many fond memories of climbing through Tuckerman Ravine to the summit of Mt. Washington. Remember also a record of wind up there over 200 mph ? Hope it was a tailwind, for any SELs up there !

Dave Krall CFII said:
Many fond memories of climbing through Tuckerman Ravine to the summit of Mt. Washington. Remember also a record of wind up there over 200 mph ? Hope it was a tailwind, for any SELs up there !
Errrrrr... hope I didn't mislead. I didn't around fly anywhere near Mt. Washington, but I use it as a visibility marker. If I can see it from Massachusetts, then it must be visibility a billion. :)
Someone tried to convince me once that Mt. Washington has "the worst weather in the world." Something about the jet stream dipping down to low altitudes there. I remain unconvinced.
This morning's instrument lesson marked four days of flying in a row. I was so tired, I did horribly. Don't fly tired. Or sleepy.

--Kath

Back