People in the aviation community seem to never disappoint

Richard-B

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Richard
I recently had a flight review and am current for the first time in quite a few years. Lurking around this board and asking a question or 2 led me to a conversation with FastEddieB. If you have an opportunity (or can make one) I highly recommend hanging out with him! I had some questions about mountain flying and he was more than willing to give some good information, and since I live not too far away he offered to show me around. (I didn't need any "loggable" instruction but I understand that he's available for such--flight reviews, etc.) We spent a few hours on Saturday just tooling around the GA/TN border area with a low-time guy like me picking up some good ideas from someone who has figured out a lot of things over the years. If you have a chance, hang out with him sometime.

Thanks, FastEddieB, for a memorable Saturday!

Here's a video of him showing me a simulated emergency landing on a narrow patch of pavement that was once a drag strip.

@FastEddieB got me started a few years ago, too. He's like a drug dealer, handing out joints for free while knowing he's creating lifetime addicts. SOB should've just gotten me hooked on cocaine instead; it would be cheaper and less addictive. :)

Love ya, Eddie!

Thanks all for your kind words - “drug dealer” notwithstanding!

I enjoyed the flight quite a lot. Between Covid 19 and my knee problem, I had not flown in over 6 weeks other than a quick .4 the day before to make sure everything was working properly on the Sky Arrow and to knock some rust off both figuratively and literally. Karen was in Indiana with girlfriends for a few days anyway, freeing me up - and it’s not like I need much of an excuse to go flying!

Anyway, perfect day and good company - what more could I ask for!

Had the pleasure of meeting FastEddieB at SunNFun a few years ago - yup, great conversation! Bummed I couldn't fly with him.

Back