Pensacola Airport

pookies

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
pookies
I'm gonna be in Pensacola Wed-Sat and my sister said she wanted to go flying. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about PNS? Like, which flight school I should go to and whatever else.

Don't know a thing about flight schools there, but for sure, don't miss the National Museum of Naval Aviation at NAS Pensacola. And enjoy those pristine sugary beaches quick, while you still can.

Well, I live in Pensacola. Come on over to Ferguson (82J), they have a few Cessnas for rent and it's a laid back place. PM me for more info.

If I have to go to PNS for something, Blue Angel avaition are pretty good people, don't think they rent airplanes though - not sure. Pensacola Aviation rents, but they are pretty pricey.

I second the Ferguson suggestion. My Dad and i flew in there a couple of years ago to go visit the museum at the NAS. Awesome prople. Even offered us a pickup truck for the weekend, we had a rental car delivered, though. We got invited to, and accepted the EAA pancake breakfast on Saturday morning before going to the museum. Yummm

Oh yeah, if you come over to Ferguson, I'm sure we can get you a ride or a vehicle to borrow.

How far is Ferguson from Pensacola Beach?

Opposite side of town. But you are fairly close to Perdido Key and Johnson Beach at Gulf Islands National Sea Shore. Much less crowded and commercial than Pensacola beach.

Well, I live in Pensacola. Come on over to Ferguson (82J), they have a few Cessnas for rent and it's a laid back place. PM me for more info.

Is Waldo Pepper still teaching at the school there? I got my CFI and CFII there. Old man Ferguson had a hangar FULL of Stearman parts that he wasn't about to let go of. Too Bad.

Is Trader Jon's still open or did the developers finally win?

Is Waldo Pepper still teaching at the school there? I got my CFI and CFII there. Old man Ferguson had a hangar FULL of Stearman parts that he wasn't about to let go of. Too Bad.

I don't know Waldo, I know they've had a lot of turnover in the IP cadre around there. Don has cleaned out the main hangar quite a bit.

Trader Jon's is history. :frown3:

I'm gonna be in Pensacola Wed-Sat and my sister said she wanted to go flying. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about PNS? Like, which flight school I should go to and whatever else.

Join the Marine Corps and they will send you to the Naval Air Station at Pensacola free. A great flight school and you can learn to land on a Aircraft Carrier!!!!

I think the developers finally won, what a place, good memories!!

Join the Marine Corps and they will send you to the Naval Air Station at Pensacola free. A great flight school and you can learn to land on a Aircraft Carrier!!!!
Actually, they only do NFO training at Pensacola NAS now, all the pilots go to Whiting.

Actually, they only do NFO training at Pensacola NAS now, all the pilots go to Whiting.

You are right. When I was there T-34 training was at Saufley Field, T-28s at Whiting. That should tell you how long I have been flying!!!

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhm, no. That is an insane idea!

Yep. VT-4 finished up the last class of initial carrier qual for E-2/C-2 pilots using the T-2 in the Fall of 1996. I just missed out on a ride out to the boat to observe. Trawing Six and VT-4 was all NFO/NAV training at that point. During the transition we had at one point T-2s, T-34s, T-1s and T-39s all operating out of the squadron. When I left, we were down to T-34s and T-1s with the T-6 on the way. T-34C IP at Joint Undergraduate NFO/Navigator Training was the best flying club...er flying assignmet in Air Training Command.:D

Back