Pending flight plan in Lockheed website weather question

steviedeviant

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
StevieD
I am attempting to use the 1800wxbrief for the first time to file a flight plan. So obviously I am a newer pilot. I wanted to do it because I wanted to use the feature where they text you to open and close the flight plan. Here is my question:

I have gone on to the website and filed the prosper flight plan and I see it pending. I did that earlier today. If I wanted to call and actually get a weather update through a briefer, would I have to give them all the data again on the flight form or would I give them my N number and they would pull it up that way and see that it is proposed in the system. I have only called the number a couple of times but I wasn't sure how it worked if I already put in the system. My flight is tomorrow at 9 am from KBHM to KMDQ, a short flight, but one that could give me a little practice on 800wxbrief.

And yes, I know I could get the briefing the through the website, but I wanted to call this time. Just wanted sure what I had to go through to do it once I get them on the line.

Thanks in advance.

Stephen

You can. I've done it many times. Tell them your already filed and request an update briefing. If you didn't get a briefing when you filed request a standard briefing.

IF you already created a user account and added a phone number to the profile,

AND

you used that account to file the plan you mentioned

AND

you use the phone in that profile to call the briefer

THEN the caller ID tech they have will automatically pull up your info for the briefer. If you mention you have a plan in the queue that, s/he should be able to find it with minimum fuss and be able to discuss it with you.

Filing via ForeFlight goes to LockMart FSS (or whatever the new company name is now) and uses your FSS credentials. Twice I've had an acknowledgement that my flight plan was in the system but the CD controller couldn't find it. A call to FSS on my cell had my profile in front of the briefer very quickly, and he was able to find the plan, resolve whatever caused the log jam, and resubmit. 2 or 3 minutes later, CD had it and I was on my way.

Don't know if this is relevant or not but when I file on my cell phone via fltplan sometimes it goes missing. When I file on my iPad it goes through 100% of the time. It's not like I have thousands of flights for really good data but in my limited filing that is one thing I have been noticing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For some reason I never get the texts from 1800wxbrief. I just open it through a browser on my phone.

This is probably best. I am really didn't think about just accessing the website directly from my phone. I did that today and it worked just fine.
I'd set up that other service for 'Close Reminders', that is a separate text that they'll send you 20 minutes after if the plan is still opened(you forgot to close). I know a guy that forgot to close one one time and they texted him. ;)

Back