Peltor Headsets Repair

Ventucky Red

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jon
Hi,

Mr. Google is not helping me here, does anyone know where I can get a Peltor headset serviced or parts?

This is for the Peltor Aviation 7004.

Thanks

One of the best headsets ever made. Two decades ago I was a broke a** CFI and needed a good headset. I was envious of the cool kids with their Lightspeed XLs. I went to the Aviator Store at KBFI prepared to drain my resources.
The person working that day took the time to let me try on all different kinds they had, describing the features of each in turn.

When I had the Peltors on I realized I couldn't hear a damn thing he was saying. I took them off and said "I'll take these".

I still have that headset and another pair just like them.
I own two sets of Bose A20s for my job. I like them for the Bluetooth but the Peltors are more comfortable and infinitely more durable. Oh and no batteries.

The Peltor 7004 was introduced in 1994. You could call Peltor back then at 1-800-EAR-MUFF. 3M Peltor has not been in the aviation business for a decade. Good luck.

Last edited:
OMG! I loved my Peltor! Best headset ever. made! My instructor let me borrow his once (1990) and I fell in love. Bought one right after my private checkride and even upgraded it to ANR before I gave it up.

But I'm afraid @Clip4's right. If it's an electrical issue, an avionics shop or talented friend might be your best shot at saving it.

Or take your luck on eBay.

Hi,

Mr. Google is not helping me here, does anyone know where I can get a Peltor headset serviced or parts?

This is for the Peltor Aviation 7004.

Thanks

Check this site: https://www.saferhearing.com/peltor-headset-repair.html

They say they can service some aviation headsets. I still have my Peltor 7005 from 20 years ago. I don't use it much, but I keep it for passengers. I would love to know what you find out about service. Mine needs some new wires and new gel seals.

Check this site: https://www.saferhearing.com/peltor-headset-repair.html

They say they can service some aviation headsets. I still have my Peltor 7005 from 20 years ago. I don't use it much, but I keep it for passengers. I would love to know what you find out about service. Mine needs some new wires and new gel seals.
“3M Peltor's latest policy going forward is - any model which is declared obsolete will only have spare parts available for 5 years from the date it became obsolete. In reality however, if a particular headset is popular the supply of spare parts can run out well before the 5 year period is complete. This means we are already seeing some major issues with the supply of spare parts for older and discontinued models.”

Your headset is not 3M Peltor and by your estimate 20 years old. Good luck.

Back