Pegged for one star?

spiderweb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ben
Someone must really not like my posts, because about half of them have gotten a star. Why the anger? Chill out and love life, man! :yinyang:

wangmyers said:
Someone must really not like my posts, because about half of them have gotten a star. Why the anger? Chill out and love life, man! :yinyang:
Oh, Ben, it's OK. I like you and find your posts interesting and thought-provoking :)

Maybe people didn't read the directions properly? Perhaps a lot of people just don't know how to use the system yet? I personally don't like grading or rating a thread (unless it's offensive or rude or mean-spirited and none of your posts are like that).

Last edited:
Hmm, I tossed in my 5 stars, but dont see any... ??? (Nevermind, I see them... duh...)

Last edited:
wangmyers said:
Someone must really not like my posts, because about half of them have gotten a star. Why the anger?
Maybe such rampant paranoia ought to cost you a few reputation points!!

Try not to get worked up about these ratings. We're all on a learning curve here. :p

Guys, I'm just kidding. I'm the guy who just taught a complete lecture class with my fly down, and laughed with the whole class when I figured it out. :p

wangmyers said:
Guys, I'm just kidding. I'm the guy who just taught a complete lecture class with my fly down, and laughed with the whole class when I figured it out. :p

Ah, the absent minded professor ;)

wangmyers said:
Guys, I'm just kidding.

Oops. I decided to play with the stars and see if it would deduct a star if I down-rated your thread. Now it won't let me put the star back! Sorry Ben, don't take it personally.
;)

Ok, board gods - I just tried to add the star that Diana (in a fit of star-thievery) took, and it says I've already voted (I had). What if a thread is really bad, you vote so, but it takes a turn for the spectacular, and you want to bump it back up?

You don't have to be a star, baby, to be in my show!

Rep points to you all! :wine:

sshekels said:
Ok, board gods - I just tried to add the star that Diana (in a fit of star-thievery)

LOL! Thanks for trying to fix my boo-boo Scott :)

I was just experimenting/exploring/playing with stars, really I was.

;)

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to wangmyers again."

Let'sgoflying! said:
That's what it said!
(it said that when I clicked on you too)
I know that one from experience. :)

"Spread", like butter to spread on toast. I wonder how many other people we need to give those to, in order to start again? I'm too tired to look up the rules tonight, but maybe an admin/management person will jump in here.

20, I think. Does that get me one! (I'm also trying to break the 50 post mark! LOL)

Dang - Here is the catch:

- You may only give or take away reputation 10 times a day.
- Once you affect a users reputation, you must affect 20 other users reputations before you can affect the first user's again

S.

Back