Peeing solutions

:yeahthat:

What's great about these is that the urine turns into a gel, so there's no risk of spillage in flight. I had a passenger use one, once, and it was pretty much a non-event. He sealed it up and tossed it in the trash when we landed. Truth be told, I once had to use one on the ramp at KHND. No muss, no fuss. Well, a little fuss but not too much! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the helpful and sometimes hilarious responses. I am a guy and was thinking about having to do a biennial or an IPC. Do I keep each flight to under an hour? I don’t know how I would explain a Gatorade bottle to an instructor, and what if he’s a she? It is funny but still a tough place now that I am older….anyone have any ideas about this?
You won't be able to keep a Flight Review or IPC under an hour, since a minimum of an hour flight is required. I'd minimize fluids ahead of time, limit caffeine, eat something with salt, or take a sodium pill, go right before you get in the plane, and if you still can't make it more than an hour, it'd probably be better to be wearing something like a depends than whip out a Gatorade bottle, if at all possible. It's one thing to do that on trips with the family or on your own going to get a $500 hamburger, but on a flight lesson, with an instructor you don't know, feels like that would be a little embarrassing for both of you. I've had folks have to pee in the plane I'm in, but they're usually in the back of it and I just don't turn around. Hard to do that with any privacy or dignity side by side in a 172 or Cherokee or whatever. ;)

Nothing says you can't do two 30 minute flights.
True! Inefficient and probably more time consuming and expensive in the end, counting start up, taxi, run-up, takeoff, getting somewhere, and reversing all that to come back in, twice, just to get a few minutes in of maneuvering each time possibly, but multiple short flights would work too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back