Display name:
Geek on the Hill
... on whole-wheat bread.

-Rich

Attachments

• pbp.jpg
    pbp.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 52
Looks good! I never thought of combining those.

Looks good! I never thought of combining those.

Sweet pickles might be a better choice, actually. But I didn't have any, nor did I feel like making the 54-mile round trip to get some; so I used the dill pickles that I had on hand.

-Rich

I thought pregnant too... Or maybe he's really the NYC Hillbilly incarnation of Elvis sans bananas.

Sorry Rich. I will eat almost anything but that does not look too good. Maybe I'll get drunk and try it anyway.

Wow. Rich I ate the same thing for lunch yesterday. That's just eerie.

Were we separated at birth? ;)

The dills were homemade on mine. Actually mom made that batch with my aunt a while ago. They've been sitting in the fridge all but forgotten until yesterday.

Nice and spicy with better crunch than anything store-bought, by careful use of cucumbers that had almost no seed development inside.

But very interesting that I should come across this thread only a few hours later.

Then I scrolled up and saw the whole-wheat bread.

You have a camera in my kitchen, don't you? ;)

I don't think I've eaten white bread since I was a teen-ager. That stuff will kill you.

-Rich
White bread has no taste or texture. With the exception of certain white breads made fresh at home not worth eating.

Sweet pickles might be a better choice, actually. But I didn't have any, nor did I feel like making the 54-mile round trip to get some; so I used the dill pickles that I had on hand.

-Rich

I've tried both ways and I prefer dill pickles. It's a good combo. I have PB&P as a snack fairly often.

I've tried both ways and I prefer dill pickles. It's a good combo. I have PB&P as a snack fairly often.
This combination makes no sense and I'm a peanut butter addict. Is this a practical joke to get us to try something disgusting?

I thought pregnant too... Or maybe he's really the NYC Hillbilly incarnation of Elvis sans bananas.

I'm a day late and a dollar short, but that was my first thought as well

I don't think I've eaten white bread since I was a teen-ager. That stuff will kill you.

-Rich

That's why you should choose Corn Tortillas --- saves on the gluten as well :)

Last edited:
This combination makes no sense and I'm a peanut butter addict. Is this a practical joke to get us to try something disgusting?

No joke. I think it's good. My dad first showed me this combo as a kid. I've been doin it ever since.

Not at all, Gary. It's actually a pretty common deli order in NYC. It wouldn't even raise the eyebrow of a Manhattan deli clerk.

-Rich

PB is my normal lunch for an afternoon of bass fishing. We just enjoyed some fried dill slices as an appetizer at our local burger joint. Hmmmm...

This is the sandwich for the my next fishing session. I'm sure it will be a treat!

Happy New Year!

No worse than the grape jelly and mustard sandwiches from my youth.
Mm Mm good. :yesnod:

If those were bread and butter pickles, I'd go for it. Peanut butter, for me, is a perfect food.

The fermented pickles of Steinholme are far too fine to be bastardized with things such as peanut butter or bread.

Back