PC1000

A

Anonymous

I am not sure if anyone is aware of the PC 1000 program here in California. When I was 18 years old I made the unfortunate mistake of getting a possession ticket for marijuana. I was given a ticket and told to appear in court. I did this and ended up getting enrolled in the PC1000 program for first time offenders. I had to complete a 4 month drug program however it wipes it completely off of your record, as far as I know I do not have to claim it. My license was NEVER at jeopardy and it was just a simple fix by completing the program which I did. I had to pay a fine to the court and for the program but since I am going for my third class medical will I have to report this? It is not an issue if I have to however I just would have to get the certified court ppw from the old county I used to live in. I had a medical mj card and used medical mj for very legit medical reasons that I have found out will not be an issue for me to get a medical with a little bit of leg work and working alongside a HIMS AME. I stopped use of medical MJ in November of 2011 and have not used it since so it does not fall under the "2 year" questions regarding substance abuse/dependence within last two years, I know that the state governments and federal governments see very different eye to eye on this issue and completely understand why it is not permitted, flat out, it is not compatible with flying. This is my first time going through the process, never been denied, so I want to make sure I do things right.

Will I need to report this charge and any years I held a medical mj card (I understand that this info is confidential medical info) but not sure if they are going to need to see that or not. And since it has been past two years is there anything that is going to prevent me since I have not used a substance or had dependence within the last two years? I am working alongside a very renown HIMS AME to help me with the actual underlying medical issues but just thought that this might be some type of issue, however, from what I understand it is only if it affected my license at all… It was never reported to the dmv and nothing is on my record in regards to it because after successfully completing the program, I was cleared. I was told even when I go for employment ext I won't need to report it because it will not show up. Any advice for me everyone? I am an aspiring private pilot that wants to go all the way for ATP in my future and I want to make sure I make every smart decision I can. Don't want anything to screw up my future. I have already started getting some hours logged for my dual instruction but want to speed up this process. This is one thing thats been holding me back.

Any advice is appreciated and hope everyone has a great evening :)

- Don

I don't think so, no insurance coverage on mmj card? It's not in any rx records.

It is on medical records however from over two years ago and no medical insurance never covered when I was on it.

-Don

To be honest I have not asked specifically about these questions out of shame :/ I will bring it up to their attention though so I am able to get a solid answer.. It's no biggie if I need to get the records.

medical marijuana records are completely different than actual medical records.

Actually they are different, no insurance, and they get filed differently, that is as long as you didn't disclose it to your REAL doctor, there won't be any trace.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back