PBOR Senate bill text

I guess that adds a new dimension to the term "self-certification." ;)

I have spontaneously recovered from ITP over 7 years ago, a bleeding disorder that they have no clue what or why sufferers get it or how they spontaneously recover from it. I have not had symptoms or treatment for over 7 years, yet I don't meet the regulations due to (verbatim from my SI) "history of ITP". That's not even recent history yet they still want me to go through the SI process? Its ridiculous...

I've had mine revoked and reinstated in less than 12 months in the same year (around 2002) and I was still fighting ITP then every two weeks, yet with a clean 7 years I'm still on an SI. The symptoms of this disease are very easy to recognize. I didn't need a blood count and a doctor to tell me that my platelet count was low, the bruises on my arms and legs were all I needed to see.

Another example of overreaction by the process IMHO.

http://journalstar.com/news/state-a...cle_a8e34693-82c8-54e1-b59f-969e5aa8ae21.html
So Brian if your counts are normal and you are on no meds for a period of years, you need to present a good current status report, lab, and petition for release from the SI. But if the preceeding isn't so, they will keep you on the follow....

And just so the folks don't think in error, I think I am at liberty to say that in the case of a truly life threatening disease, they really want to know that that thing is completely gone.....

Particularly interested in the SI section:

In the case of an individual with a cardiovascular condition, the process for obtaining an Authorization for Special Issuance of a Medical Certificate shall be satisfied with the successful completion of an appropriate clinical evaluation without a mandatory wait period.

which means what exactly? In my case, a Aortic Valve Replacement due to a Type A dissection 6 years ago. @bbchien Bruce?

With the PBOR2 being added to the Defense Reauthorization Bill (this is the 3rd bill this is on), I'll know they're really serious when it gets added to the Post Office naming bills.

I was just wondering whether we could still go to an AME and just have him do the exam that the form requires. Maybe an AME would be more comfortable signing the statement? Or, would they be more wary than a non-AME doctor?

I really don't have a problem going to my AME, it is just all the additional tests the FAA sometimes requires in order to him to issue.

I'm not holding my breath that this passes any time soon. Besides, if I did, they would just make me wear a cpap anyway.

Get it. Because I'm holding my. Ah forget it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back