Paybacks are...

I didn't get past the first paragraph. I'm sick of sites that force cookie after cookie on me so I block them permanently. Salon is one of those that won't let you read it if you've blocked their tracking cookies. So, up theirs.

That was a nice read, this is the last time I'll complain about being late from one airport to another and missing my connection home.

I didn't get past the first paragraph. I'm sick of sites that force cookie after cookie on me so I block them permanently. Salon is one of those that won't let you read it if you've blocked their tracking cookies. So, up theirs.

What is so evil about asking your web browser to make a small text file with a few characters in it?

It's their article. If they want some form of seeing how often the same people come to their website that's their deal. It's not like they store a cookie on your computer and instantly know your social security number, credit cards, medical history, family history, phone numbers, etc...

What is so evil about asking your web browser to make a small text file with a few characters in it?
Agreed. And it's equally not evil to limit access to what sites I read. My biggest gripe is if they want to plant a single cookie, ok. But, when I'm asked to approve 5, 6, or as many as 10-12 cookies, nope. It's not that important to me. I see plenty of sites that require one approval.

:D With Firefox and Adblock, I clicked on the sponsor, got a blank page, and continued to the full article. I'm such a stinker.

Agreed. And it's equally not evil to limit access to what sites I read. My biggest gripe is if they want to plant a single cookie, ok. But, when I'm asked to approve 5, 6, or as many as 10-12 cookies, nope. It's not that important to me. I see plenty of sites that require one approval.

I don't know how you can get along blocking cookies. You do end up approving all day. With Firefox you can block cookies from scum sites like doubleclick.

It's their article. If they want some form of seeing how often the same people come to their website that's their deal. It's not like they store a cookie on your computer and instantly know your social security number, credit cards, medical history, family history, phone numbers, etc...

You know very well that the third party sites track you from site to site, so Doubleclick and say, a shopping site work together so they do know exactly who you are and what you been looking at. If you fill out a form somewhere for a freebie, a sweepstakes or a purchase that info can be matched up.

Ha! I thought this thread might inspire some reaction but not for this reason. I thought it would either be:

1. The last time airline delays were mentioned it got pretty heated, or

2. Salon tends to be a left leaning site, although this particular columnist seems pretty apolitical.

Cookies, yum. I like cookies so maybe my computer does too... :rolleyes:

Nope, still not enough. We need airlines to be held accountable for all delays in excess of 3 hours.

Back