Pay it Forward Aviation Edition

Shawn

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Shawn
Ready to spread some Holiday Cheer?

Me neither…but I hate dealing with eBay and Craigslist and wanna unload some stuff so instead it is time for the POA Pay It Forward Aviation Edition thread.

Here are the rules:

1. This thread is for donating and sharing crap we all have layin around. Post something you are willing to pay forward to another aviator or wannabe aviator and ship for free.

2. First one to claim an item AND offer up another item to the board is the winner of that item.

3. IMPORTANT: If you claim something, you MUST offer something up in your claiming post aviation related to donate back to the thread…don’t be a cheap arse. Claiming and posting items do not need to be of equal value but value of item posted should be $15 or more. No claiming an item and not posting something to give back. (think books, headsets, apparel, flight bags, mounts, parts, twin engine planes...anything aviation related)

Edit: For student pilots and newbies...if you see something you like but have nothing to offer up yet like some of the veteran pack rats, a $20 gift card to a Sporty's Pilot Shop or Aircraft Spruce is acceptable if you wanna buy that to toss into the hat to offer up in order to claim an item and play along.

4. If you post something, YOU pay the shipping to the lower 48. Outside that area, make a deal with person claiming item.

5. Claim the item along with your offering item in the post then PM your address to the poster so it can be shipped to you.

6. No claiming items to resell

7. Offering items without claiming first is highly encouraged to help the momentum.

8. This is NOT a trading post or request for items post, simply a way to pay some crap forward for the Holidays.

9. Don’t be a jerk…this is a Pay it Forward thread, not just a get free stuff thread.

Here we go…

I am gonna get the ball rolling:

Up for grabs is a complete SIM kit. Saitek Cessna pedals, yoke, rudder, trim wheel, TPM panel, Flight Simulator X software and USB headset adapter.

To claim, you must have something to offer up for someone else to grab!

(note, I will ONLY ship this to the lower 48 due to size)

….annnnnnnnnd, GO!
IMG_4548.jpg

Last edited:
I really wish I had something aviation related to offer in the place of that. I am planning on ordering a few of those items specifically for building out my cockpit here at home, but just do not have anything I would consider of relative value to pass along to PoA members. Great idea, and I really hope this helps someone else out.

PS: If this does not get traded and you end up wanting to sale it in whole or piecemeal, then send me a PM. I would love first right of refusal.

Last edited:
I really wish I had something aviation related to offer in the place of that. I am planning on ordering a few of those items specifically for building out my cockpit here at home, but just do not have anything I would consider of relative value to pass along to PoA members. Great idea, and I really hope this helps someone else out.

Me too!

Awesome first item to offer up.

Shawn -- I'd be interested in that (but someone else can have the software - I have it already).

I'll offerup a handheld gps and two kids-sized passive headsets. Will post details shortly.

Sam

Edit: These are what the headsets look like. And as a bonus, they were originally owned by our own Tango Whiskey!

https://www.amazon.com/Avcomm-Childrens-Aviation-Headset-AC-250/dp/B007WVOXLW

Last edited:
Shawn -- I'd be interested in that (but someone else can have the software - I have it already).

Sam

Sam gets the Sim.

Then up for grabs still is the Microsoft Flight Simulator X Software

I'll offerup a handheld gps and two kids-sized passive headsets. Will post details shortly.

Sam
You beat me too it. just kidding.
I was going to offer up my old David Clark headset with gopro mount added.
I will still offer it up though.

Attachments

• 20161212_155349.jpg
    20161212_155349.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 40
Up for grabs..seat cushion.

Folds up and will fit in flight bag. My trainer 172 seat was awful!

Skwoosh Command Pilot Seat Fluidized Gel Cushion

https://www.pilotmall.com/product/Skwoosh-Command-Pilot-Seat-Fluidized-Gel-Cushion/seats?gclid=CMK01_LW79ACFYJYfgodavULag

14708_9771_large.jpg

Last edited:
Ready to spread some Holiday Cheer?

Me neither…but I hate dealing with eBay and Craigslist and wanna unload some stuff so instead it is time for the POA Pay It Forward Aviation Edition thread.

Here are the rules:

1. This thread is for donating and sharing crap we all have layin around. Post something you are willing to pay forward to another aviator or wannabe aviator and ship for free.

2. First one to claim an item AND offer up another item to the board is the winner of that item.

3. IMPORTANT: If you claim something, you MUST offer something up in your claiming post aviation related to donate back to the thread…don’t be a cheap arse. Claiming and posting items do not need to be of equal value but value of item posted should be $15 or more. No claiming an item and not posting something to give back. (think books, headsets, apparel, flight bags, mounts, parts, twin engine planes...anything aviation related)

4. If you post something, YOU pay the shipping to the lower 48. Outside that area, make a deal with person claiming item.

5. Claim the item along with your offering item in the post then PM your address to the poster so it can be shipped to you.

6. No claiming items to resell

7. Offering items without claiming first is highly encouraged to help the momentum.

8. This is NOT a trading post or request for items post, simply a way to pay some crap forward for the Holidays.

9. Don’t be a jerk…this is a Pay it Forward thread, not just a get free stuff thread.

Here we go…

I am gonna get the ball rolling:

Up for grabs is a complete SIM kit. Saitek Cessna pedals, yoke, rudder, trim wheel, TPM panel, Flight Simulator X software and USB headset adapter.

To claim, you must have something to offer up for someone else to grab!

(note, I will ONLY ship this to the lower 48 due to size)

….annnnnnnnnd, GO!
View attachment 49743
wish I saw this earlier .... though I do not have anything to offer .. fresh newbie .. if anyone has a set like that they want to sell please PM me the price

OK...added this to the rules:

Edit: For student pilots and newbies...if you see something you like but have nothing to offer up yet like some of the veteran pack rats, a $20 gift card to a Sporty's Pilot Shop or Aircraft Spruce is acceptable if you wanna buy that to toss into the hat to offer up in order to claim an item and play along.

I know I have a few more items I would post if a gift card was offered up to claim an item!

Last edited:
OK...added this to the rules:

Edit: For student pilots and newbies...if you see something you like but have nothing to offer up yet like some of the veterans, a $20 gift card to a Sporty's Pilot Shop or Aircraft Spruce is acceptable if you wanna buy that to toss into the hat to offer up in order to claim an item and play along.

I know I have a few more items I would post if a gift card was offered up to claim an item!
I will be absolutely ok to offer up a gift card since I don't have anything aviation related to offer

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Dude are you kidding me I have been looking for those Cessna Rudder Pedals for over a year! They are always out of stock!

Dude are you kidding me I have been looking for those Cessna Rudder Pedals for over a year! They are always out of stock!
I know... I was typing when his post came in.
Just missed that one.

...so is that an offer to take @mscard88's wife for a $20 gift card into the ring?
You can put the $20 in the ring... I ain't taking any wife, took 2 years to get away from mine

This thread is a great idea. I have to get out to my hangar later in the week as I know I have some small things that I can't use and would be useful for someone else.

This thread is a great idea. I have to get out to my hangar later in the week as I know I have some small things that I can't use and would be useful for someone else.
By any chance is one them a 172?

Sam

Edit: These are what the headsets look like. And as a bonus, they were originally owned by our own Tango Whiskey!

https://www.amazon.com/Avcomm-Childrens-Aviation-Headset-AC-250/dp/B007WVOXLW

I don't have anything tangible to offer but is it against the rules to ask for this and offer to pay for an hour of flight instruction to someone that could use it?
I can send to Paypal or something... If this is not fair play, let me know.

I don't have anything tangible to offer but is it against the rules to ask for this and offer to pay for an hour of flight instruction to someone that could use it?
I like this idea too...

Yeah, I would say that is fair game to offer up to claim an item!

I have a barely used trifold kneeboard from sporty's for the taking.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sorry, not to derail this, but I really wanted to help this guy out... They are MUCH more expensive then the pedals the big names offer, but check out the Crosswind Rudder Pedals. Or if you really want something that can handle the pressures of your feet for hours at a time that will last for years and years, look at the Slaw Device pedals.

Just look up Slaw Device on facebook, and no he is not a scam as it might first appear. He just happens to be a one man machine shop in Belarus that only takes payment by PayPal. It took me months of research before I trusted this guy enough to pony up those kinds of bucks for a set of pedals.

I got the chance to see Slaw's older BF-109 model in person, and for that reason my RX Viper pedals are being made right now. They are going miss the Christmas window, but I should have them sometime in Jan.

Not in the same league as King Air type rating time, but a couple of small items that I would like to send on to anyone who can make use of them:
1) Piper blade type pitot cover and flag
Piper Pitot Cover.JPG
2) I have two Champion CH48108 oil filters (TCM P/N 649922) meant for a plane that was sold a while back. Taking up space in the parts cabinet.

If you can put either to good use PM me with your address and I will mail them out next week.

Well, I met Shawn in Watsonville last weekend and picked up the sim gear. It was great to meet a fellow POAer.
Today I dropped the headsets and gps in the mail to 6PC.
I can't believe nobody has taken him up on the flight training $!

This money is just burning a hole in my pocket

Today I dropped the headsets and gps in the mail to 6PC.
I can't believe nobody has taken him up on the flight training $!

How much can you learn from a red handle guy? (kidding of course)

This money is just burning a hole in my pocket

I waited a while to let someone else have a chance but I'll take you up on the offer.

I'll offer a couple of PPL books and a $50 gift card to the airplane shop of someone's choice. Will get all the book titles tonight and update my post.

Took longer than I thought to update but I have Bob Gardner's "The Complete Private Pilot" and ASA's "Student Pilot's Flight Manual". And I'll offer to get a third book of the person's choice. Maybe "Stick and Rudder" or "The Killing Zone" as suggestions.

Last edited:
How much can you learn from a red handle guy? (kidding of course)

Plenty from his videos. He actually managed to land a Cirrus in one, without using the red handle. Can you imagine?

He even converted his to a high wing to demonstrate a takeoff, and taught us all how to sump correctly.

Back