Paste Pictures

Marty W

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Marty W
How can I paste a picture in a message? The picture is in Wotd and I'd like to "copy and paste."

What operating system?

I don't think there is a way to just copy and paste it. Basically, you need to get the picture saved as a graphics file, and then you will need to upload it to the forum using the "Manage Attachments" button that appears below where you write your post. Then you need to copy the link of the resulting attachment, click on the little picture icon above the place where you write your post, and insert the link in the box that pops up.

Alternatively, if you can get the picture posted online somewhere, then you can use that link with the little picture icon as described above.

Last edited:
Right-click on the picture in Word... then Save-As, making sure to note where you put it and the exact name.

Then, as above...

Thank you so much! I'll certainly give it my best shot.

m

Oh, I'm using Word 2007 and Windows 7 and a PC, thanks again.

If you want to convert graphics file formats, IrfanView (named after Irfan Skiljan, who wrote the software) does a good job for me, and it also makes it easy to reduce the resolution, to avoid making the thread too wide for people's screens.

http://www.irfanview.com/

It's free, or you can make a donation if you like it.

Back