Past Lives and FAA Medical

U

Unregistered

I apologize for what I'm sure will be a long post. But its hard to sum up three lives in a few paragraphs, and that's what I have to do for any of this to make sense. I'll try to make it as short as possible and will feed in any additional information later on if it's needed.

Two incarnations ago I was a young preacher in Arkansas, just prior to the Civil War. I was a southerner and a white man, but I very much opposed slavery for religious reasons. So I became active in the Underground Railroad and helped to move many, many slaves up north to freedom. I did this for several years until finally I was shot and killed by a member of the Arkansas State Militia while trying to help a group of slaves.

I had lived a good life during that incarnation and received much praise from my spirit guides during the interlife following that lifetime. My task for that life had been to learn justice, and I succeeded beyond what my guides had hoped. I learned justice, but I also learned courage and compassion. I was rewarded with a generous karmic promotion and given the task of learning mercy, and incarnated into a wealthy family in England.

During that incarnation, being the child of a well-connected and respected GBE, I had every advantage a commoner could have. The best schooling, practically unlimited opportunities, and of course money. But I was an incorrigible child and an undisciplined adult who wasted away my opportunities and my parents' money on alcohol, opium, women, and a life of complete debauchery.

I was an embarrassment to my parents and the ultimately disowned me. I began a life of crime, using my breeding and upbringing to gain the trust of nobles and wealthy commoners under an assumed name. When word started to spread of my con artistry, I descended into more common street crime (robbery, burglary, and the like). On the surface, I was a consummate malefactor, having no morals and caring about no one except myself.

But as karma will have it, somewhere deep inside me were the remnants of my incarnation in Arkansas. One night in the early 1900's (but before WW1) I was riding through the French countryside when I came across an orphanage that was afire. I heard the screams of the children trapped inside, immediately dismounted my stolen horse, and raced to help them. I ran inside the house seven times, each time rescuing a child or two.

My lungs were on fire and I was covered with burns, and I knew that I probably wouldn't live to see the next morning. But still I kept returning, trying to rescue every child trapped in that building. I wasn't the only one, the sisters who ran the orphanage were just as courageous. But there were so few of us and so many children to save.

On my eighth trip inside, the ceiling collapsed, and my time in that incarnation came to its end. I died with a little girl in my arms, who died with me.

As an aside at this point, the guides have been generous to me in this incarnation, and that child has now been restored to me as my own daughter. I knew from the moment she was born that we had some kind of special connection. She was a newborn, and yet she looked right at me and stopped crying. Even the nurses thought it was remarkable. They said at that age Abby (my daughter) shouldn't even know what a human face looked like.

I hadn't been through regression yet, so I didn't understand why. But I knew that regardless of what the doctors and nurses said, Abby recognized me from the moment she was born. And she did too. Even as a baby she preferred me to her mother for everything except the breast, lol. And now she is eight years old and we are as close as a parent and child could be.

Anyway, back to the last life. Well, actually the interlife that followed it. I had been on course for a well deserved karmic demotion, and as soon as I passed over, I knew it. But on the other hand, I died a hero, and it was a very deliberate heroism. I went inside that building eight times, after all.

So the guides pondered it a bit and decided to keep me in the interlife for a while. Not that there's really such a thing as time in the metaphysical plane of the interlife, but you know what I mean. Sometimes an extended stay in the interlife (some people call it devachan) is helpful to sort things out between incarnations.

Anyway, I was incarnated this time to a single mother from Washington State who was living in Vancouver. (I have dual citizenship because of that, but I presently live in Washington State and probably will stay in the U.S.) I was given the task of learning self-discipline in this lifetime.

But as happens sometimes, my birth was touch and go, and several times I entered kama loka and almost passed back into devachan. When that happens, it's common for a person to retain some past life memories (from going in and out repeatedly), which usually leads to emotional problems in this life.

In my case I was basically a good guy, courageous, compassionate, and with a sense of justice. (You see how these things work? :) ) But I also was reckless, which makes perfect sense too, because remember that my task for this life was to learn self-discipline.

Anyway, I always lived on the edge, even as a child, and the only thing I wanted to do was be a firefighter. By the time I was a teen-ager we were living in Washington State already, and as soon as I was old enough, I became a firefighter.

I'm sure you can see what was happening. Remember that in my most recent two lives before this one, I died as a hero, the most recent time trying to rescue a child from a fire. That was unfinished business. You see how that works? So I became a firefighter to try to rescue that child, because I had "failed" to do so in my past life.

I also felt a lot of guilt over that, and over the slaves I failed to rescue in the life before that because I was shot and killed. That was why I was reckless in this life. I had an obsession with death, trying to cheat death over and over again, to resolve the unfinished business of my to most recent previous incarnations.

I became (and still am) an exemplary firefighter. But some people in the house seemed to notice that I was a bit "too" brave, like I had a death wish, and they sent me to see a shrink. Of course, I still hadn't done regression, so I hadn't put this together. So he asked me the usual questions, found nothing wrong, and sent me back to my company.

Well, long story short, I went down to San Francisco in 2002 to meet my (then) fiance's family, and one day when Diane wasn't feeling well I took her mom's car and took her little sister and brother to Ocean Beach. While I was sitting on the sand, a New-Age healer walked by, and did a double take, and then our spirits connected. He sat down next to me and we talked, and he told me what was going on. In general terms. He told me that I had issues from my past lives, and he gave me a phone number of someone in Seattle who could help me.

Somehow I knew he wasn't crazy, probably because of the etheric convergence that was going on. Anyway, the therapist turned out to be a real (licensed) social worker / therapist who practiced past-lives therapy, and that's when all of this came together for me. It took about eighteen months.

The happiest part was on the next to last session, when she was able to channel one of my guides, who commended me but told me it was now time to get back to this life. But he also told me that the guides were pleased and were rewarding me in this incarnation.

"How, Master?" I asked?

"The child you tried to save has returned to you, and in fact she is growing in Diane's womb right now. You gave your life for her in your last life; and now you can give your life TO her in this one."

I was stunned! We didn't even know we were pregnant at that point! So I ran to the drug store on the way home and bought an EPT kit, and sure enough, Diane was pregnant!

Anyway, getting back to my question, there actually are two.

First, do I have to report the regression therapy? I paid cash and she never diagnosed me with anything, but she is a licensed therapist, so I don't know. Maybe I have to report it.

Second, during my last incarnation, I used a lot of opium and drank a lot, and got arrested a bunch of times. Because I know that it happened, do I have to report it, or is the FAA only concerned with things that happened during this incarnation?

Thanks!

do-not-feed-the-trolls.jpg

First, do I have to report the regression therapy?

Absolutely, and make certain to be very specific about the results.

Second, during my last incarnation, I used a lot of opium and drank a lot, and got arrested a bunch of times. Because I know that it happened, do I have to report it, or is the FAA only concerned with things that happened during this incarnation?

Thanks!

Oh, they'll want to know about all the opium and stuff, though you needn't go into little details, like reincarnations.

Oh, they'll want to know about all the opium and stuff, though you needn't go into little details, like reincarnations.

No, I think he pretty much needs to go into that too...in fact, it probably should be highlighted.

And don't worry - I'm told the shock treatments only really hurt for a little while.

Last edited:
Not a bad read at all, actually. I don't know whether OP is serious or not, but...

On the odd chance that OP is serious:

1. No idea whether the sessions have to be reported. Dr. Bruce or someone like that would know.

2. I'm pretty certain that the FAA is only concerned with the present "incarnation."

3. I do hope you've gotten that "death wish" thing sorted out, if you're serious and if you are (or hope to become) a pilot. Getting a second opinion from a more conventional therapist might not be a bad idea.

-Rich

It certainly smacks of something a particular PoA member would post, if he had wanted to troll anonymously....

I think a retroactive psych eval on a couple of the previous lives may be a requirement. I suspect it may require a HIMS AME that is also a medium. I'm not sure how many exist. Perhaps Dr. Bruce has an answer.

OP, if you can through spiritual connections, ask each of your previous lives to round up their respective histories to medical professionals, it may help you in your quest for an FAA medical.

It's good to know other people remember their past lives. I can remember the time when my father and I were escaping from a labyrinth and I flew too close to the sun and my wings melted. I don't remember anything of that life after I hit the sea though.

It's good to know other people remember their past lives. I can remember the time when my father and I were escaping from a labyrinth and I flew too close to the sun and my wings melted. I don't remember anything of that life after I hit the sea though.

SON!!!

Brilliant. If the OP is pulling one it is funny, and if the OP isn't it still is funny.

Brilliant. If the OP is pulling one it is funny, and if the OP isn't it still is funny.

I'm inclined to think he's serious.

It seems odd to those of us raised in the West, but reincarnation and karma are central elements of the dominant religious beliefs of many millions of people in other lands, and I reckon most of those people would find nothing strange or funny in OP's post.

Assuming that he's serious, I think the operative question would be is he sane; and I don't think that his belief that his previous lives affected his present one are any more evidential of mental illness than any other religious belief.

Nor does what he says strike me as any odder than the belief that little boys believe that their fathers want to cut off their little penises because they know that the boys secretly want to kill their fathers so they can sexually possess their mothers. And yet that bizarre belief forms one of the foundations of Freudian psychoanalysis and is accepted as fact by thousands of psychologists to this day.

So really, who's to say? If he's pulling our legs, he did a really good job of it. But if he's serious, who's to say that makes him any less sane, or any less fit to fly, than anyone else? By means that admittedly seem rather unconventional (but which are no more bizzarre than some of the conventional ones), he claims to have dealt with his issues.

If this is a gag, it's one of the better ones I've fallen victim to. It's a masterpiece, in fact. But if it's sincere, then I feel kinda bad that we're making fun of him.

-Rich

I'm waiting for the big sigh from central Illinois.

It seems odd to those of us raised in the West, but reincarnation and karma are central elements of the dominant religious beliefs of many millions of people in other lands, and I reckon most of those people would find nothing strange or funny in OP's post.
I agree, but I doubt if anyone who believes in those things would seriously, even for a second, entertain the thought that the FAA believes in them, or is concerned about what happened during an airman's supposed past lives. And so...

Assuming that he's serious, I think the operative question would be is he sane; and I don't think that his belief that his previous lives affected his present one are any more evidential of mental illness than any other religious belief.
Assuming he's serious, I think he's nuts. But I don't for a second think that's a valid assumption. And I don't think he's nuts.

If this is a gag, it's one of the better ones I've fallen victim to. It's a masterpiece, in fact. But if it's sincere, then I feel kinda bad that we're making fun of him.
Oh I agree, it's a well played gag. Definitely a masterpiece. And I'm pretty sure he's laughing along with us... well, most of us anyway. ;)

It's here.
....Sigh....

I do not have the energy to address a fiction. ANyone with a story like that, if serious, will require a HIMS psychiatrist's evaluation before any type of certification is even contemplated.

I agree, but I doubt if anyone who believes in those things would seriously, even for a second, entertain the thought that the FAA believes in them, or is concerned about what happened during an airman's supposed past lives. And so...

Assuming he's serious, I think he's nuts. But I don't for a second think that's a valid assumption. And I don't think he's nuts.

Oh I agree, it's a well played gag. Definitely a masterpiece. And I'm pretty sure he's laughing along with us... well, most of us anyway. ;)

Yeah, that's the part that I wonder about. The first question would make sense if the therapist were licensed (if not, it would be spiritual counseling, I guess, and non-reportable). But the second question... that stretches credibility a bit.

You're probably right and it's a well-played joke. But if that's the case, then based on what I remember from my Comparative Religion courses, OP is either an actual believer in a karmic belief system, or else did a lot of homework just for a gag post. I looked up some of the terms he used, and they make sense in that context.

-Rich

So what are the epigenetic effects of past lives?:lol::dunno:

For better or worse, magic does not conform to the dictums of science. What would be the mechanistic basis of reincarnation anyway? How does a pattern of neuronal connections reassert itself?

For better or worse, magic does not conform to the dictums of science. What would be the mechanistic basis of reincarnation anyway? How does a pattern of neuronal connections reassert itself?

Dunno. The epigenetic stuff is showing hereditory behavior effects, from the parents experiences. If genes can code for that, why not past lives? Maybe virus rna carries previous life karma that way it can cross bloodlines. Super highly doubtful, but what the heck do we know?

Dunno. The epigenetic stuff is showing hereditory behavior effects, from the parents experiences. If genes can code for that, why not past lives? Maybe virus rna carries previous life karma that way it can cross bloodlines. Super highly doubtful, but what the heck do we know?

Uhh, er kinda not. What gets transmitted from parents to offspring epigenetically are called imprints. They have nothing to do with experiences, but control genes related to growth and placentation. They wouldn't be a very good mechanism for reincarnation.

miRNAs or viruses, why not? But you still have to get past the part where they travel between unrelated individuals. Sorry, it's magic.

You do have to report the alcoholism from those prior lives to the extent it resulted in a motor vehicle action however . . . . you were never arrested or convicted for the stolen horse - so I think you're probably ok . .

You do have to report the alcoholism from those prior lives to the extent it resulted in a motor vehicle action however . . . . you were never arrested or convicted for the stolen horse - so I think you're probably ok . .

Well, but, but I garnered that at least one of the lives occured during the prohibition period, so vehicles notwithstanding, drinking would have been a criminal activity involving alcohol and therefore reportable if there was an arrest involved.

Well, but, but I garnered that at least one of the lives occured during the prohibition period, so vehicles notwithstanding, drinking would have been a criminal activity involving alcohol and therefore reportable if there was an arrest involved.

But he was in England during that life. I don't think alcohol was ever prohibited in England.

As for epignetics, if one can accept the existence of an animating life force (a "soul"), then I don't think it's a stretch to also believe that certain genetic, personality, or karmic information can be embedded in that force.

This is actually part of Judeo-Christian-Islamic theology in that the spirit that animates humans is believed to be invested with attributes such as conscience, moral reasoning, and so forth that differentiate it from the force that animates animals.

-Rich

Last edited:
It's here.
....Sigh....

I do not have the energy to address a fiction. ANyone with a story like that, if serious, will require a HIMS psychiatrist's evaluation before any type of certification is even contemplated.

I don't find his story any less credible than common beliefs in heaven and hell.

If you accept that part of the "normal" human condition is to believe in things that can't be proven, it is hard to argue that someone is insane just because their beliefs don't align with yours. The only thing that should matter is if their beliefs have a demonstrable negative material effect on your life.

Jeff

I don't find his story any less credible than common beliefs in heaven and hell.

If you accept that part of the "normal" human condition is to believe in things that can't be proven, it is hard to argue that someone is insane just because their beliefs don't align with yours. The only thing that should matter is if their beliefs have a demonstrable negative material effect on your life.

Jeff

I actually don't disagree with you. It all seems a might incredulous from my own perspective. It just we aren't used to seeing spiritual beliefs applied to commonplace aeromedical issues.

I actually don't disagree with you. It all seems a might incredulous from my own perspective. It just we aren't used to seeing spiritual beliefs applied to commonplace aeromedical issues.

Regarding the OP's second question, I would agree, that is either a little "off" or tongue-in-cheek. The first question on reportable therapy isn't unusual.

Is exorcism, if performed by a licensed therapist, reportable? What about "treatment" for homosexuality? :stirpot:

This is actually part of Judeo-Christian-Islamic theology in that the spirit that animates humans is believed to be invested with attributes such as conscience, moral reasoning, and so forth that differentiate it from the force that animates animals.
Which is what makes it all a bunch of hooey.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back