Past depression - nothing current, class 3

Q

Questing220

Hey, I’m thinking about applying with my local school but some googling tells me their light he some problems.

About a year ago I completed some treatment for very mild depression.

All in the past and absolutely nothing prescribed to me now and no current issues that I’m aware of.

I’m told the medical asks for three years of visits. Well, of course they’ll see a couple of psychiatrist visits on there.

What do I need to know? Everything is all taken care of now so what do I expect?

Hey, I’m thinking about applying with my local school but some googling tells me their light he some problems.

About a year ago I completed some treatment for very mild depression.

All in the past and absolutely nothing prescribed to me now and no current issues that I’m aware of.

I’m told the medical asks for three years of visits. Well, of course they’ll see a couple of psychiatrist visits on there.

What do I need to know? Everything is all taken care of now so what do I expect?
Use the key word “situational” in this forum to find guidance from Dr. Brice Chien for situational depression.

In a broad brush, you need documentation from the medical practitioner you saw that says what occurred as a one time situational incident and has been resolved with no reoccurrence.

There may also be some specific info required, but what, I don’t recall. Plus knowing the proper wording for the documentation can help speed things up. A forum search might uncover these things.

Also, this article might provide some background info. However, don’t let a google search take the place of obtaining the correct info from a well qualified AME.

https://www.aviationmedicine.com/article/counseling-depression-and-psychological-support/

If you let us know from what part of the hinterlands you hail from, one of us may have a recommendation of an AME who can help you.

Read my thread “SSRIs deferral timeline **ISSUED**”. That will lay out what you’ll potentially be looking at...depending on your specifics..minus a few months perhaps if you don’t have any drug or alcohol issues. Find a HIMS AME and get a consult.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back