Password Storage App for iPhone5

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
I ended up getting an iPhone5 and am looking for a good password storage app. I currently use Pocket on my DroidX and was hoping I could find it for iPhone as pocket ecrypts my data and puts it in drop box. I can't find it for iPhones in the app store and I emailed the developer 3 days ago and got no response ( not a good sign) so I'm guessing I need to get a new app and manually transfer my data over.

Any thoughts or password storage apps folks like for their iPhone?

I use Strip. Syncs between my iPhone (and my spouse's!), Windows desktop, etc. Started using it after some studies found it was one of the better ones. Just Google for the studies.

http://getstrip.com/

1Password on OSX, Windows and iOS. I like that it syncs across all devices.

Note sent to Agilebits to get their official response to the report as it relates to 1Password.

I really like their software but if they're not keeping up with the Joneses in the never ending Cold War of higher and higher encryption, they'll have to be dropped like a hot potato.

Will report back what they say. I suspect since it's a weekend, some poor support engineer in Canada will suddenly feel a migraine coming on on Monday if his managers tell him to pen some lame excuses... Or they'll say they've updated since the article was written.

Vee shall see...

LastPass. Like the multiplatform support, even if it is $1 a month (not a flat purchase price) to use it on mobile devices.

The integration into Android is great and $1/mo is a very fair price to pay considering how many times a day I tend to use it. I know it's available for iOS but I don't know if the integration into the OS is similar.

AgileBits' reply, which is what I expected... The article is out of date...

Looks like they addressed that stuff back in April of 2012. Or at least that's when the blog entry was...

-----
Hi Nate,

Thanks for getting in touch, the short answer is 'yes' and 1Password has been changed in light of some of Elcomsoft's findings as we detail here:

http://blog.agilebits.com/2012/04/09/1password-ios-pbkdf2-goodness/

As you'll notice, this applies to 1Password 3.x for iOS, 1Password 4 for iOS (our latest version) doesn't have any of the issues and has a completely redesigned data format.

---
Stu Helm
Agile Crusader
AgileBits

KeePass + DropBox. Works great across iPad, Android, Windows & Linux.
Open source & free.

I haven't used any other PW manager, but I can't imagine how anything could be better than this setup.

I use SecureSafe out of Switzerland. No, I don't have a Swiss Bank Accout.

Cheers

KeePass + DropBox. Works great across iPad, Android, Windows & Linux.
Open source & free.

I haven't used any other PW manager, but I can't imagine how anything could be better than this setup.

One nifty thing I like about LastPass for Android is that when you're presented with a form to fill in, you can switch LastPass in as a replacement keyboard, and then it will recognize and can auto-fill logins inside webpages and many apps.

I'm not sure how common that is with other password mangers. Does KeePass do that?

Back