Password managers

wsuffa

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Bill S.
Lastpass has borked their browser extensions even more than before. It's been a steady degradation over the last 2 years with a doubling of price.

What PMs do people like? I'm looking hard at Keeper and Dashlane.

I have had 1Password for the past 18 months and really like it.

Easy and simple to set up and use. Covers multiple platforms. Makes it super simple to retrieve and form fill key information with minimal mouse clicks or screen taps.

Many other features that are really good that are difficult to explain quickly, but you will find useful/valuable.

I think a trial period is offered. And from there, the subscription is reasonable.

I would second 1Password.

Easy and simple to set up and use... Makes it super simple to...

Wait, it's simple and easy but not super simple and super easy? I don't get it.

Off thread I know, but it drives me crazy to see and hear "simple and easy"
https://menwithpens.ca/simple-and-easy-blogging/

[Note: I've met some women who were simple, and some who were easy. Never really bothered to determine if the easy ones were simple]

Go back to your actual thread

Send em to me, I will manage them free of cost

Keepass droid for me. I like it because it stores locally on my phone and not on the net.

1Password.

Not the subscription cloud based variant that they push nowadays, but the one-time purchase variant — lower cost, more control.

1Password, and agreed on the non-subscription one. Store in Dropbox or whatever you like and trust for sync between all machines and Mac/Win. Don’t believe they support Linux but they do have phone apps.

Or just start investigating two factor auth on everywhere that’ll do it and make sure your phone is always charged. Put Google Authenticator on it and go to town. Store those backup keys for reloading Authenticator in a safe place on paper.

I just started using Norton Identity Safe yesterday. I had been using an old standalone app (Passkeeper) but want to be able to access passwords from anywhere. It's supposed to be free but when I look at the license it says Trial so I don't know. I do like it though.

I've grown a little less pleased with LastPass, while one of my cohorts in AU continues to sing the praises of KeePass for both business and personal use.

I still use LastPass, though I'm liking it less and less. Would be good to find something that works better, is low (or no cost), AND can import passwords from LastPass so I don't have to manually transfer them.

I have used 1Password for a long time and recently switched to the subscription.

Thanks all, still doing research. Lastpass did fix the biggest problems created by the new release, but there are still a lot of annpyances. The fact that they released with flaws tells me that they either didn't design properly or they have a flawed testing process, which is troubling for a password manager....

I use my brain. I forget which password is which, so I wind up resetting my passwords very often. Hey, I'm meeting security recommendations in two ways.

Back