Passport renewal status

Discussion in 'Hangar Talk' started by Morgan3820, Jun 14, 2022.

1. Morgan3820

Morgan3820 En-Route

Display name:
    El Conquistador
    Have things improved with the passport renewals? I know that for a while during the pandemic that passports were taking a while.

Is it better to mail in the forms with the passport or make your application on line?

Need them back in for a spring trip to the TT.

2. dfw11411

dfw11411 Pre-Flight

Display name:
    dfw11411
    I just renewed ours. I couldn't find any purely online method. Completed the forms on the gov website, printed the completed forms, and mailed them with checks. New passports arrived in about 5 weeks. Old passports were returned a week or so later.

3. Sac Arrow

Sac Arrow Touchdown! Greaser!

Display name:
    Bro do you even lift
    I had to renew mine in the midst of when everyone was trying to get Real ID driver's licenses. That was a zoo. I didn't have time to mail stuff in since I needed it uber expedited. I ended up getting it done at a post office, and I was able to get it sent to me within a couple days.

4. 86Aviator

86Aviator Pre-takeoff checklist

Display name:
    86Aviator
    Just renewed the wife’s about two months ago. Paid for expedited handling, but we probably didn’t need to. From sending the renewal application to getting the new passport was probably 4 weeks, maybe a hair less.

5. Arrow76R

Arrow76R Pre-takeoff checklist

Display name:
    Arrow76r
    I renewed my passport even though it had time left just so I wouldn't have delays when the world opens up again. I have used a company named CIBT (and its predecessor) for decades and renewal is simple with them. No having to get passport photos (use your "selfie") or trips to the (ugh) Post Office. Don't forget to check your Global Entry and TSA-Pre accesses too.

6. bradg33

bradg33 Pattern Altitude

Display name:
    Esquire99
    Your congressional representatives' office can usually help speed things up if you have an urgent need. Contact your house rep or Senator.

7. Ventucky Red

Ventucky Red Cleared for Takeoff

Display name:
    Jon
    Yes, they have improved... I just renewed mine by mail... It took about 6 weeks - I think the hold up was I used a personal check and I think it needed to clear befroe they would issue it. Using a USPS money order may speed things up

If you need it faster, you can pay for the service.

8. Morgan3820

Morgan3820 En-Route

Display name:
    El Conquistador
    Thanks to all