Passing Medical with past drug addiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don’t. There’s no crying in flying.
Not crying. Just calling out what I see. He’s been like this since I read him in the old AOPA forums almost twenty years ago, truly, I don’t get it.

What airmen learn when they google, is that lying is a class 4 felony. Lindberg, in a hard drive society SOMEONE has the information and it will out. In this case if he was able to get this done privately ( a "kennedy detox) it's somewhat nefarious as it involves some very hard to get meds (if not a hospital).

I do not engage with airmen who intend to lie/evade. I just don't. Life is worth more than that.
And if I am engaged and I subsequently discover lying, the file is terminated.

I gave the answer on the 25th, at 7:45 pm: "full evaluation".
And HE NEEDS TO STOP POSTING HERE.
It's a class E felony; 18 USC uses letter grades. And no one's disputing that the information is out there and could be found if at some point the FAA started looking for such information. But, again, that's not the reason to not lie.

Are you really this acerbic, terribly mean.
He never got close to implying he would lie. He came here to get clarity and he did about “ever in your life” language. He said LSA sounds right for him given what he learned = appropriate. Why are you treating him or talking down to him like a degenerate?

Sorry to go off track with this, but so many of your responses in this forum are literally just mean. I don’t get it and I guess I snapped, so there. :)
recovery from addiction requires rigorous honesty and hard work. there are a number of redflags that suggest an absence of recovery. the question of whether he would need to report it. obviously yes. the idea that he would have tapered off but he couldnt miss work. the fact that he cites no continuing work to stay sober. the admission that he didnt want to do the hard work of demonstrating to the faa he had maintained sobriety. it’s exceedingly difficult to detox from heavy opiate addiction and not relapse, most especially without a support program. people who are genuinely pursuing sobriety go thru the whole onerous process because it’s what is required by the faa.

it’s exceedingly difficult to detox from heavy opiate addiction and not relapse, most especially without a support program.
Is that entirely true? As I understand it there are psychological and physical aspects to addiction. An individual who gets addicted to narcotics (or alcohol) because they find them "fun", or have a psychological addictive personality, is one thing, and is likely to relapse, or substitute another addiction. But a patient who wasn't originally looking for a high but gets physically addicted after using heavy narcotics for pain after surgery or whatever, I would think it would be easier to detox and stay clean going forward... or am I missing something?

He never got close to implying he would lie. He came here to get clarity and he did about “ever in your life” language. He said LSA sounds right for him given what he learned = appropriate. Why are you treating him or talking down to him like a degenerate?

Sorry to go off track with this, but so many of your responses in this forum are literally just mean. I don’t get it and I guess I snapped, so there. :)
So do I do any service giving a sugar coated answer?
Dord it do any pilot any good to do that?
Truth is brutal.

Do I tell the pilot or does the FAA or even worse, the local federal prosecutor/inspector general?
Get real!
(Every one of his posts is about "oh, I can evade that" Detoxed chemically- but "No diagnosis?" What?.)

B

If you were as busy as Dr B yet still trying to help the aviation community, you’d be just as abrupt. Some of us have met him in person, and profressionally…he’s really very nice.

When he’s not trying to get an idea thru some’s thick skull.

recovery from addiction requires rigorous honesty and hard work. there are a number of redflags that suggest an absence of recovery. the question of whether he would need to report it. obviously yes. the idea that he would have tapered off but he couldnt miss work. the fact that he cites no continuing work to stay sober. the admission that he didnt want to do the hard work of demonstrating to the faa he had maintained sobriety. it’s exceedingly difficult to detox from heavy opiate addiction and not relapse, most especially without a support program. people who are genuinely pursuing sobriety go thru the whole onerous process because it’s what is required by the faa.
Did you read and comprehend this t
So do I do any service giving a sugar coated answer?
Dord it do any pilot any good to do that?
Truth is brutal.

Do I tell the pilot or does the FAA or even worse, the local federal prosecutor/inspector general?
Get real!
(Every one of his posts is about "oh, I can evade that" Detoxed chemically- but "No diagnosis?" What?.)

B
You were incredibly passive aggressive and rude to the op and you should apologize. He wasn’t trespassing in areas that deserved that response. He actually came here to get it right

I stand by what I said. Your bedside manner and professionalism must suck. I won’t reply anymore. You’ve been like this since I read you way back in the AOPA forums.

Is that entirely true? As I understand it there are psychological and physical aspects to addiction. An individual who gets addicted to narcotics (or alcohol) because they find them "fun", or have a psychological addictive personality, is one thing, and is likely to relapse, or substitute another addiction. But a patient who wasn't originally looking for a high but gets physically addicted after using heavy narcotics for pain after surgery or whatever, I would think it would be easier to detox and stay clean going forward... or am I missing something?
Maybe. Problem is the euphoric recall of the state of inebriation. That, and life’s myriad problems suggest once that switch is flicked it has to be dealt with going forward

No new content being generated here but bickering between the posters. Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back