Passenger Headset?

lancie00

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
lancie00
I'm sure it's been asked before but I couldn't find it.

What are you guys using for passenger headsets? We have a couple DC's for pilot/copilot but I'd like to have something for those in back so they're not excluded from the conversation. I'm not looking for noise reductions and preferably on the cheaper side.

Thanks!

The really cheap ones are pretty painful after like 30 minutes. DCs work well for passengers.

The really cheap ones are pretty painful after like 30 minutes
Exactly.

I've yet to find a comfortable "cheap" pair. It's not even so much the sound, but the ears, head, etc. I've seen pax just take the headset off after about 15-20 minutes since it's so awful

Headsets are expensive, but in the grand scheme of the flying hobby having 2 or 3 extra Lightspeeds or A20s around does not hurt. Passengers are generally not pilots and generally less tolerant of flying discomfort than pilots. I recently ponied up for some additional A20s for this exact reason

But if cost is a big factor and you care for pax comfort then as the others said, DCs are a solid choice

I picked up a Flight Line headset on eBay for something like $100 when I started training back in 2005. I wanted my money to go to training and not to a headset and figured that it couldn't be worse than anything the Army gave me to use in a tank or gun truck. I lucked out because later I bought the lightweight DC H10-13.4 simply because that is similar to what the Observer/Controller (H10-76) position in our simulators had and I liked them. That made the Flight Line set a hand me down to my wife. My kids get whatever comes in the rental plane.....

One of the cats chewed on the chord to the Flight Line headset so she will get the DC 13.4 and I'll go for a DC H10-13XL.

I won't lie, when I say I lucked out I was serious. Until the cat killed the FL headset I liked it as much as the DCs. It sounded good, was light and easy to wear and I don't remember anyone ever having issues hearing my transmissions.

I don't get why more folks don't get Uflymikes for Bose consumer headsets as well.

Back