Passed!!

gturner

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
GJ Turner
Check ride that is:goofy: :yes: :yes: .
Then got to take my wife for her first ride.
What a day.
Gary

Kudos to you, and be safe & have fun !
gturner said:
What a day.
Gary

gturner said:
What a day.
Gary

COngratulations.

Now the real learning begins.

gturner said:
Check ride that is
Congratulations Gary! :cheerswine:

How did your wife like her ride?

Congratulations!!!! Which was better, passing the ride, or taking your wife flying? I have a hard time deciding. Passing was awesome, but taking my wife on our first flight alone was a mighty proud moment too :)

gturner said:
Check ride that is:yes: :yes: What a day.
Gary
Welcome to the ancient and eternal of pilots (founded by Dedalus many eons ago). You'll never forget this day! Now the learning begins :)

w00t!! You sir are now teh win!!

Way to go! Now, fly!!! Fly!!! FLY!!!!

gturner said:
What a day.
Gary

Congrats, GO FLY!!!

Diana said:
Congratulations Gary! :cheerswine:

How did your wife like her ride?
She was quite nervous but enjoyed it. There were thunderstorms moving in so we just got to go around the pattern one time. She did admit later that she is ready to go back.
Gary

Joe Williams said:
Congratulations!!!! Which was better, passing the ride, or taking your wife flying? I have a hard time deciding. Passing was awesome, but taking my wife on our first flight alone was a mighty proud moment too :)
I think I was more excited when my wife arrived and I got to take her up. She loved it even though we just went around the patter one time. Thunderstorms were moving in so we cut it short.
Guess that is another good thing that happened, it rained!:) We have been needing that also.
Gary

gturner said:
I think I was more excited when my wife arrived and I got to take her up. She loved it even though we just went around the patter one time. Thunderstorms were moving in so we cut it short.
Guess that is another good thing that happened, it rained!:) We have been needing that also.
Gary

Congrats Gary. Given the chatter here about SO's being afraid to fly, I strongly recommend that you make a point to take your wife on some flights that provide her a benefit like a shopping trip, dinner at a fine eatery, or something else that really lets her appreciate the advantages of flying. I strongly believe that if you get them in the right frame of mind on the first few flights, the payoff is big.

Congrats. So, where are you gonna go first? You get to pick now. Must be a 100 dollar hamburger that you have been craving somewhere not TOO far away :)

Jim G

Must be a 100 dollar hamburger that you have been craving somewhere not TOO far away :)
Gary, how far are you from Gaston's? How about joining us? If you aren't yet comfortable with the challenges of the grass strip at Gaston's, you can get a ride from BPK.

Back