Passed the written

Morne

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Morne
Try number two today. Back on Friday the 13th I failed with a 65%, today I passed with a 90%. I think I am going to go outside and smoke a 601 green label in celebration.

Try number two today. Back on Friday the 13th I failed with a 65%, today I passed with a 90%. I think I am going to go outside and smoke a 601 green label in celebration.

I don't know what a 601 is but congratulations.

That's quite a change in just a few days. What was the difference maker(s)?

Excellent. Keep working toward the goal.

Are they still asking which way to turn the knob to center the needle?

I've always hated that one as its pointless and demonstrates nothing. If you turn it and it goes the wrong way then just turn it the other way.

>: (

I hope not, because the OBS knobs on Garmin and Narco CDI's work in opposite directions. And since I have a Garmin CDI next to a Narco CDI, you better believe it drives me nuts.

I've always hated that one as its pointless and demonstrates nothing. If you turn it and it goes the wrong way then just turn it the other way.

>: (

Agree. Yes they're still asking it. Yes it's stupid.

I just re-read my post and realized I forgot the most important part...congrats to the OP!

I hope not, because the OBS knobs on Garmin and Narco CDI's work in opposite directions. And since I have a Garmin CDI next to a Narco CDI, you better believe it drives me nuts.

I think they ask which way the OBS must rotate to center the needle, not which way you turn the knob itself.

I always found the written harder and more of a Pain than the practical. Congrats.

They ask several of those types of questions on the ATP written.

Congrats OP!

They ask several of those types of questions on the ATP written.

Congrats OP!

Yeah that'll help them program the FMS. :rofl:

Stupid stupid stupid.

Yeah congrats on the written. You've passed a 1950's knowledge test. That's the gateway to a lot more reading and studying of more modern materials and techniques. :)

That's quite a change in just a few days. What was the difference maker(s)?

New set of questions.

Seriously, I was taking the Sporty's online tests and getting upper 80s or low 90s before each try.

I will admit to slacking on the GPS plate questions, since my bird isn't GPS equipped, and naturally I got a bunch of those questions on my first try. Second try there were still some, but there were also ILS/LOC questions.

Back