Passed my IR knowledge test

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
I passed.

Thanks AggieMike for your suggestions.

Did ok, not as well as I wanted, but still passed/ Now I have 2.5 weeks of doing nothing but flying airplanes and simming with my CFII.

My experience on taking the IRA exam- I encountered:

1. LOTS of questions on icing.

2. 3 questions referred you to wrong figures, ie, for ABC.SUCKER1, refer to figure 249 (example). You get to figure 249 and the have data for XYZ.MORON2. Like, WT*????

3. My exam was 65 questions (they claim 5 questions are guinea pig questions that won't count against you...still your brain is like mush and your tired and you don't know which are the valuation questions)

4. About 15 questions I never saw before.

Just be prepared. Used King, Sheppard and had a weekend ground school. Sheppard was good, but did not prepare me for the unknown questions. King was ok, but their test bank data is not really updated, while Sheppard did a better job of updating. Frankly, I should have read Bob Gardner's book more to prepare me for the unknown questions.

But in the end, I still passed so it is a relief.

nice job. congrats

Congrats,now get ready for the fun part the flight test.

Never a doubt in my mind you wouldn't pass.

Now for the real fun!!

So you called Sheppard and got a refund based on the unknown questions?

That's the stuff I'm using. I bought Shepphard and wasn't happy so now I'm doing the king written course. I was hoping they were a little more up to date than that.

Doesn't sound like the scenario stuff has started yet. That's august, right?

Good luck on the rest of your training! Let us know when you pass the check ride

So you called Sheppard and got a refund based on the unknown questions?

No. Should I? I think it would be sour grapes to do so. I think they do fine with what resources they have. It's only $40. And their info did help me a bit.

Good luck on the rest of your training! Let us know when you pass the check ride

Thanks. I spent the last two plus weeks focussing on this part of the hurdle. Between my wedding plans, work and flying a lot mid to end of May, I will be a busy guy.

How else would they get the updated questions? This is one way they keep the software updated.. You can refuse the refund

Back