Passed Medical

U

Unregistered

I had passed medical yesterday with a AME. The Dr said they will call me when they have the medical certificate ready. How long does it usually take to get the certificate? I was hoping to walk out the door with it. I need it by this weekend.

Thanks.

He entered details on the computer, printed and signed and I was done with that part in 5 minutes.

I just don't understand what is taking so long.

I just called and left a voice mail. They are all out to lunch.

Mine has always been a one-for-one trade off:
My check is passed to the nurse as she passes the signed medical certificate back to me
(just like they exchange prisoners at the Bridge of No Return at Panmunjom)

Did you go for a SI,if not the doctor and the pilot sign the form at the end of the exam.

Used to be you had to wait for the doctor or his secretary to type it up. Now all he does is push the PRINT button on the app.

Something's odd. You shouldn't have been able to leave without it - that's why the AME can issue in his office. Unless, as was pointed out by frfly172, the AME said something like, "I don't see any reason FAA won't approve your medical (once I send everything in because there is some reason I can't issue it to you myself) and I'll call you as soon as it comes in."

Even in those cases, FAA mails the medical directly to you with the signature of the FAA chief doc on in.

Mine has always been a one-for-one trade off:
My check is passed to the nurse as she passes the signed medical certificate back to me
(just like they exchange prisoners at the Bridge of No Return at Panmunjom)

My doctor must be the trusting sort. I got my cert and walked off without paying. I realized I had not paid a couple of hours later and went back. The receptionist said it happens and they just send you a bill.

Success I got my medical. No it wasn't a si medical.
They apologized for the delay.

Sweet indeed. This is my ticket it get current again after not flying to 10 years. Thanks all

Thanks for the congrats.

What happened to the hard card stock paper medical Certificates?

My Certificate is printed on printer paper with perforated lines.

Thanks for the congrats.

You got the fancy model! Mine is on regular copy paper. Two sheets, one for the front of the little form [5x7?], and a second one for the back. Both little "forms" are centered in the 8½ x 11 paper, too.

You got the fancy model! Mine is on regular copy paper. Two sheets, one for the front of the little form [5x7?], and a second one for the back. Both little "forms" are centered in the 8½ x 11 paper, too.

Mine is hieroglyphics on papyrus.

I need a new AME.

Y'all lucky mine is carved on a stone tablet. I have to wear a huge watch so my wallet with a stone tablet in it looks in proportion.

Thanks for the congrats.

I renewed yesterday. They printed the whole page on a heavier 8-1/2 x 11 card stock. The actual certificate is in the upper left quadrant, and the "back" is on the right side. The bottom is a form letter that basically says here's your medical cert. They told me I could cut off the bottom half, and then fold the top in half. They said if I cut the top in half it would invalidate the cert.

Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, but the double-thick card stock will make it totally unfeasible to fold and carry in my wallet like I have been doing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back