Passed FOI. Which test should be next?

Cpt_Kirk

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Ted Striker
Passed the FOI today with a 96%. What's next?

BGI? IGI? AGI?

Do you have to take them in a specific order? I think the IGI would be most useful and I'd be pretty good at it.

I would really like it if I could teach some ground before I go up for my CFI ride so I will have some sort of confidence going into it. A friend of mine busted in ATL on the oral. Heard they're pretty tough here on the CFI ride.

Last edited:
IGI or AGI, it's a toss up. Don't bother with the BGI. It's redundant with the AGI and the AGI isn't that much harder.

Ditch the BGI from your radar. For the same price and just a few more questions you can get an AGI and not be limited to Private and under instruction.

After the FOI, I took the AGI as a practice test for the FIA. Before starting CFII training I took the FII test. I probably won't ever take the IGI since I only plan on teaching Instrument-Airplane stuff which is accomplished with the CFII.

Ditch the BGI from your radar. For the same price and just a few more questions you can get an AGI and not be limited to Private and under instruction.

After the FOI, I took the AGI as a practice test for the FIA. Before starting CFII training I took the FII test. I probably won't ever take the IGI since I only plan on teaching Instrument-Airplane stuff which is accomplished with the CFII.

... and a CFI-A.

Back