Passed Comm. Add-On

jxdrl

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jonathan
I finally passed my commerical add-on for AMEL! I still need two hours or so for insurance purposes (hopefully tomorrow) and then I can fly my plane solo. The partnership was formed almost a year ago so I definitely need to fly more. I love my Twin Comanche.

Anyway, we flew to Traverse City (KTVC) from Riverview (08C) and met with Bob Buttleman. The oral went fine - systems and some scenarios along with some helpful stories and general banter to feel comfortable. We did a weight and balance. I talked about our STOL kit and VMC. It went quite well.

Then, we flew. My single engine ILS wasn't the greatest but it passed. I did nail the short field directly on the 1000 ft. markers. Anyway, it was a fun ride. Let me know if you want more details.

Edit: Oh yeah, all of this took place two Sundays ago on the 11th. I went to Punta Cana on vacation for a week shortly afterward and just relaxed on the beach. It was awesome.

Last edited:
We did some IFR today - 08C-KLAN-KGRR-KMKG then a low VFR flight along the lakeshore and back to 08C.

Tomorrow will be my first solo back to KJXN for a family dinner. FINALLY!

Back