Passed checkride

bobby485

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
bobby485
Hello world,

long time lurker, first post here.
Passed my PPL checkride last week, just wanted to say thanks for the very informative posts and wish all the best to those of you who still have to pass.

I travel quite a lot for work so it took me a bit more than 1.5 years to get here, with about 70 hours of training and logged about 20 additional hours of flying for fun.

The checkride was pretty straightforward. The oral part lasted for about 1.5 hours, pretty much focused on the practical aspects of the pre-planned flight and then had 1 hour on the Hobbs. Managed to do a 100% written back in May. :)

Hope to hear you on the NorCal frequencies. :)

Cheers,
Bobby485

If you don't mind me asking, which school did you use? I'm just outside of Sacramento in Loomis.

I am scheduling my discovery flight for January.

Only one hour on the Hobbs? Must be the fastest check ride ever. Mine was 2.1 and 2.5 to 3 hours oral.

Thanks everyone!

congratulations. sounds like you're busy, but try to keep your feet wet.

Yes, I think that's very important. I try to fly once every week, gather some more hours/confidence and then next summer start some additional ratings... thinking about glider or instrument.

Thanks everyone!

Yes, I think that's very important. I try to fly once every week, gather some more hours/confidence and then next summer start some additional ratings... thinking about glider or instrument.

I know nothing about glider ratings, but I'm so glad I got the instrument rating. It provides a lot of flexibility for trip planning.

Last edited:
I got your message. Thanks for the info but you're right, thats a little too far. Maybe we'll see each other in the skies when I get my license.

Welcome to the league of temporary airmen.

Back