Passed Checkride!!

Show your passengers the usual "Look ma! No hands!"

Congratulations!!!

Congrats!!

Tell passengers there is no smoking inside the aircraft; if they feel they must smoke, they should step outside.

Congratulations! Always nice to have another card carrying member of the club.

Only advice I've got is that with more weight you might want a touch of flaps for takeoff. Have fun working on your instrument rating :)

I passed my Private Pilot checkride Saturday morning!! Any advice on flying first passengers and making the adjustment for extra weight in the backseat? www.climbureverest.blogspot.com

Congrats. As far as extra weight in the backseat... it'll climb slower, and it'll seem to want to flare "too easily". You can simulate it with non-breathing dead-weight of your choosing if you want to see how it feels for a few landings. Kitty litter. :)

Congrats!

For the first passengers I recommend you take someone who will most likely not get sick. Also you want people that trust you.

Here is the conversation between me and one passenger I ones had on the final.
Me: Your seat belts on? (He was on the back seat)
Passenger: Why?
Me: Your seat belts on?
Passenger: Why? What are you to do?

After that I figured screw it I can't be focusing my attention to a passenger when I'm on the final. His seat belts ended up being on but he did not want to say it because he though I'd start doing aerobatics :mad2:. So from now on my policy is if you don't trust me I'm not going to take you up, if I ask a question you better answer it.
So I recommend you really explain your passengers to do everything you say, not just the normal passenger briefing you normally do with your instructor.

For the first passengers I recommend you take someone who will most likely not get sick. Also you want people that trust you.

Heh. +1. One of my first passengers' girlfriends didn't tell me she can't even ride in a car without becoming ill. Somehow she managed not to get a single drop of it on the floor of the airplane, which hey... it's just an airplane and friends are friends, so I'd have cleaned it up anyway.

Ironically she said she had a great time, and meant it. She loves the experience of flying (and riding in cars), it just makes her quite ill. Most folks wouldn't be so gracious about something that makes them feel badly.

Heh. +1. One of my first passengers' girlfriends didn't tell me she can't even ride in a car without becoming ill. Somehow she managed not to get a single drop of it on the floor of the airplane, which hey... it's just an airplane and friends are friends, so I'd have cleaned it up anyway.

Ironically she said she had a great time, and meant it. She loves the experience of flying (and riding in cars), it just makes her quite ill. Most folks wouldn't be so gracious about something that makes them feel badly.

That sucks.

So far the only person who got sick in my airplane was an instructor. :rofl: (and I carried plenty of passengers who don't normally fly)

Congratulations. Post again after your first passenger - I thought "this is what it is all about" after I had mine. I still think both non-pilot passengers and real-pilot passengers each have their own pro's and con's . . . but there is something about being the only pilot in the plane, I won't deny that . . . it is hard to describe. A real confidence booster, at least for me. It has bled over into my professional life, and personal life, as well.

Congratulations. Post again after your first passenger - I thought "this is what it is all about" after I had mine. I still think both non-pilot passengers and real-pilot passengers each have their own pro's and con's . . . but there is something about being the only pilot in the plane, I won't deny that . . . it is hard to describe. A real confidence booster, at least for me. It has bled over into my professional life, and personal life, as well.

That is really cool...I too have already noticed a different feeling about myself at work and personal life also...and I think you are probably right about the non-pilot passengers. I will post after the flight and on my blog.

Congratulations! Always nice to have another card carrying member of the club.

Only advice I've got is that with more weight you might want a touch of flaps for takeoff. Have fun working on your instrument rating :)

Thanks! Instrument rating? There is always another goal...that is great.

Only advice I've got is that with more weight you might want a touch of flaps for takeoff

What???

To the OP, follow your training. Follow the procedures. Normal takeoff procedure by the book is full gross.

Back