passed 3rd med

Congratulations. It's always a relief.

Two years ago when I got a second class after a long hiatus from flying, I sighed a huge breath of relief as I stuck it in my wallet. Little did I know that in a few weeks I'd get a letter from Oklahoma City regarding my CPAP compliance. A three month battle ensued where I was without said medical for several months.

This September when I renewed it again the AME gave me a clean bill of health. Even after that, I kept anticipating a letter from FAA finding something wrong. I finally realized in November I was probably not going to get a letter again.

Sometimes it seems like the FAA doesn't want pilots to mess with.

Congratulations. It's always a relief.

Two years ago when I got a second class after a long hiatus from flying, I sighed a huge breath of relief as I stuck it in my wallet. Little did I know that in a few weeks I'd get a letter from Oklahoma City regarding my CPAP compliance. A three month battle ensued where I was without said medical for several months.

This September when I renewed it again the AME gave me a clean bill of health. Even after that, I kept anticipating a letter from FAA finding something wrong. I finally realized in November I was probably not going to get a letter again.

Sometimes it seems like the FAA doesn't want pilots to mess with.
I was a bit worried due to being a type 2 diabetic on metformin.

Doesn't have to make sense...

I never said it did.....but at one time the FAA had no issue with someone flying while taking ritalin.

I wonder what happened for them to treat the disorder the way they do.

I'n certain, The AME would not have signed me off had he known what the little voices were telling me about him.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back