Parts miss fit.

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Don't ya hate it when you order a head liner from the foremost interior manufacturer and when you try to install it it doesn't fit.
first picture shows the head liner in place on center line, and the fuel gauge sleeve is 2-3" forward of where it should be. the second shows what it looks like pulled back into place.

If I pull the whole head liner back 2-3" the back bulkhead is loose by over 2"

So it looks like I now must remove and modify the head liner that I paid nearly $400.00 for.

The ball buster part of this is, no one stocks the material any more, even Pendleton woolen mills doesn't stock pure wool any more, it is all a blend of polyester or some thing.

Attachments

• DSCN3732.JPG
    DSCN3732.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 75
  • DSCN3733.JPG
    DSCN3733.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 71
OBTW, none of the cross bow pockets are in the correct place either.

Tom,

Try these people:

http://www.fishmansfabrics.com/

They had a post on their FB page about a bunch of mohair that they got in. Lots of different colors. Decent price. I visited their store while we were in Chicago two years ago. They seemed like pretty decent people to do business with.

Don't ya hate it when you order a head liner from the foremost interior manufacturer and when you try to install it it doesn't fit.
first picture shows the head liner in place on center line, and the fuel gauge sleeve is 2-3" forward of where it should be. the second shows what it looks like pulled back into place.

If I pull the whole head liner back 2-3" the back bulkhead is loose by over 2"

So it looks like I now must remove and modify the head liner that I paid nearly $400.00 for.

The ball buster part of this is, no one stocks the material any more, even Pendleton woolen mills doesn't stock pure wool any more, it is all a blend of polyester or some thing.

Just call the "Foremost Interior Manufacturer" and tell them to send you the CORRECT one.:dunno::dunno::dunno:...

If it is a FAA certified part then you need to file a form you told us about a while back ??:dunno:;)

Just call the "Foremost Interior Manufacturer" and tell them to send you the CORRECT one.:dunno::dunno::dunno:...

If it is a FAA certified part then you need to file a form you told us about a while back ??:dunno:;)

You betcha, it was too late to do that last night when I was venting.

Tom,

Try these people:

http://www.fishmansfabrics.com/

They had a post on their FB page about a bunch of mohair that they got in. Lots of different colors. Decent price. I visited their store while we were in Chicago two years ago. They seemed like pretty decent people to do business with.

Wish I had known, but it's too late I must deal with this POS.

:mad2: Nothing and I mean NOTHING more frustrating.

Hope you got someone good who can bail you out.

Grrrrrrrrr. I bought a shoulder harness STC kit from a major mfg and the brace didn't fit right in my roof. The brace would line up with the existing rivet holes on the roof panel but the angle bracket for the stiffener was 1/8" shy. I took pics and sent it to the retailer and they said send it back. The second one was ever further away. Third one fit right, but then I found out they sent button head rivets to replace the flush that came out. Grrrrrrr. If that wasn't enough, the holes in the seat belt end fitting were drilled for 3/8" and the factory bolts and receiver were 5/16". Grrrrrrrr. I hate sloppy stuff like that.

Exhibit A in support of the reason the local shop advises owners to buy their own parts and save the sales tax if they're so inclined.

:mad2: Nothing and I mean NOTHING more frustrating.

Hope you got someone good who can bail you out.

You betcha, the old lady with a sewing machine, got it right in no time at all.

it's in

Attachments

• DSCN3735.JPG
    DSCN3735.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 24
  • DSCN3738.JPG
    DSCN3738.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 24
Back