Partnerships: Where to look

sba55

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
sba55
I'm thinking about upgrading to a slightly faster/larger twin.

That said, where does one look for partnerships? Is it still a matter of calling mechanics at airport and asking them if they have any leads? Or are there good online sites?

I'm having trouble finding anything. There's one ad in the ABS classifieds, but other than that....

Thanks,

-Felix

All I can do is relate my experience. I had put my Cherokee up for sale, but was truly hoping to find a partner. And - I did. A guy I knew fairly well called and asked about the airplane, then asked if I'd consider a partnership.

So - never hurts to ask!!

In my case it worked and we're just in the midst of setting it all up. Seems to be headed towards an easy-going arrangement and a good thing for both of us.

Felix -- You can also search for partnerships on the controller.com site. One the front, choose "fractionals". When I was looking a couple of years ago, I didn't see to many. But I wasn't willing to travel very far to the plane. I think you may be more open-minded in this regard!

Sam

Move to Dallas, and we can scare up a nice P-Baron. I hear those are nice!

I think one under used way is to actually post flyers at the airports you would be willing to keep the plane at or be a partner at Then let pilots in the area know that you are looking for partners, especially make an effort to visit flight schools.

Would you be interested in a Malibu partnership? I have a lot of CA customers and talk to many others. Many times one partner is dropping out and they are looking for another.

You really need a Malibu, my kids need an education.

Kevin

I've been looking at Controller.com and Barnstormers.com Both places seem to have ads for fractional ownerships and partners. I started by asking around the flight school and some other pilots, with some possible leads, but nothing is panning out so far. :nonod: Good luck!

If you get desperate, you can send a postcard mailing cheaply to all AMEL-IA folks with current medicals in your zip code area... or, better yet, to all twin owners in your area that have a twin you'd be interested in, asking them if they're looking for a partner.

All good ideas so far. Thanks!!

Would you be interested in a Malibu partnership? I have a lot of CA customers and talk to many others. Many times one partner is dropping out and they are looking for another.
Probably not a Malibu. But if you hear anything about Senecas (or Barons), let me know.

-Felix

Back