Part 141 Training

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
If you received commercial or instrument training at a Part 141 school, please PM me if you are available to answer a few questions.

Thanks,
Jason

I haven't yet, but will be later this year. I am curious how it works with the normal hours requirements and all.

That. Oh, and have an approved syllabus and standardised instruction.

That is the primary instructional advantage you get with a 141 school as you don't have the same "My instructor left now I have to start over" issues. You can go from one to the next instructor without losing time.

Actually we are part 61 with an FAA approved syllabus and standardized instruction. Not all 61 programs are like that but some are.
Is it specifically approved for the school (in the form of a TCO etc) ? Not sure how you would still be part 61.

I actually have some questions about 141 time requirements for the commercial as well (trying to get hired at a 141 school and all of my experience is 61).

Is it specifically approved for the school (in the form of a TCO etc) ? Not sure how you would still be part 61.

I actually have some questions about 141 time requirements for the commercial as well (trying to get hired at a 141 school and all of my experience is 61).

It isn't a TCO since we are not part 141 but the FSDO periodically reviews it and has us make changes.

I did my instrument ticket at a 142 school. Interesting experience to say the least.

Back