Part 141 Accelerated Training Question

Bearhawk'r

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Bearhawk'r
Looking for some advice. I recently had a deployment with the National Guard, so I'm eligible for GI Bill benefits. I am already a commercial, instrument rated SEL pilot with around 350 hours. I do have aspirations of flying charter one day for a second career. Does anyone know of a way that I could do a part 141 school to do CFI, CFII, multiengine, all in one stop in an accelerated fashion? i.e. I could go fly to some school, work my ass off for several weeks straight, and then come back home?

Alternatively, I could always just do a rotor wing school, get all my heli ratings, build time, have fun, etc. but I don't really aspire to flying helicopters professionally.

What do you all think? Any options out there that you can think of? Most of the research I've done for part 141 schools is just an all encompassing course from instrument to MEII.

And to answer your question, I can't give the GI Bill benefits to my kids because it would incur an extra four year service commitment that doesn't jive with my wife or my career currently.

You certainly could do the Multi com in a week, but there is no way you are going to get an initial CFI in a week or two. Most Part 141 syllabus require 40 hours of ground training plus about 28 hours for flight training. That doesn’t count the considerable self study you must do.

Clip4. I’m not looking for a quick way...just wanted to see if anyone has heard of 141 programs that carve out cfi, cfii, multi training separate from everything else. It seems all the research I do is finding schools that just have a pipeline to get you from 40hrs to 250hrs with all ratings in the process. As I already have instrument and commercial, I was polling the web to see if anyone has seen a way to just to part141 training for teaching certs. I hope it exists!

What percentage of benefits are you eligible for?

If you are not using your GI Bill benefits as part of a college program, then you will be funded according to the annual VA limit for vocational flight training (less any penalty for not being 100% eligible): "The actual net costs not to exceed $14,881.59 per academic year."

I think all you need is to find a GI Bill approved Part 141 school that is willing to let you train vocationally under the GI Bill and is interested in the training schedule you described. Basically, talk to VA-approved flight schools until you find one that is able to help you.

Back