Part 141 accelerated course recommendations

gitmo234

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
gitmo234
Does anyone have any recommendations, from experience, on part 141 accelerated instrument training? Part 141 specific since I will want the VA reimbursement.

A few folks I know have gone with American Flyers and have good things to say about their program.

But one challenge about the question is that most of us only know about "national chains" like American Flyers. There could be a Part 141 school in your backyard that none of us have heard of, yet is the best fit for your learning style.

Also, check in with Donn H. at Professional Instrument Courses (1-800-I-Fly-IFR, www.iflyifr.com) to see if they can help with the VA program.

And a thread like this usually has a mention of Gatts Aviation in Manhattan, KS. www.gatts.org Another good choice.

The speed which you complete things is based on the student (80%) and the CFI (20%), I'm my experience, "accelerated" is just a marketing thing, if both parties scheds match you can do a accelerated course and nearly any school.

The speed which you complete things is based on the student (80%) and the CFI (20%), I'm my experience, "accelerated" is just a marketing thing, if both parties scheds match you can do a accelerated course and nearly any school.
Well said. If the school advertises 10-days, schedule 12 or 13 days. So if weather or some other issue has you grounded, you're not FUBAR'd.

Another question for you, Gitmo.... Are you wanting to find something close to you? Or take time off from home and work and travel to the school?

Another question for you, Gitmo.... Are you wanting to find something close to you? Or take time off from home and work and travel to the school?

I'm indifferent. I'm about to be out of the country for a year, when I get back I'll have two to three weeks paid time off and wanted to dedicate that time to knocking out the rating.

Back