Paris Hilton:

After she failed a field sobriety test, Hilton had her license suspended but continued to drive, violating the terms of her probation.

She was pulled over three times by officers from three different law enforcement agencies during her suspension.

THREE TIMES?:dunno:

I thought she said the problem was her people never told her not to drive?

THREE TIMES?

THREE TIMES?:dunno:

I thought she said the problem was her people never told her not to drive?

THREE TIMES?
Maybe her mysterious medical condition requires an Otololaryngologist?

I hope I spelled that right. I should considering the number of times I've been knifed by one!

Wouldn't it be nice...

If photographers and the rest of the media forgot Paris existed? There's never another picture and never another article. But, perhaps her obituary in fifty years.

One could wish.

Wouldn't it be nice...

If photographers and the rest of the media forgot Paris existed? There's never another picture and never another article. But, perhaps her obituary in fifty years.

One could wish.

And Lindsey. And Britney. And... And... And...

That may not last. The judge wasn't too happy and called her back
to court.

I heard this morning that it was the Sherrif that let her go and that the judge may hold the sheriff in contempt over that. There was also a recommendation against home monitoring that LA ignored. Ooopps

But it does go to show you that we have three types of justice in this country.
One for rich pretty celebs
Another for rich powerful people
And a third for us.

I heard this morning that it was the Sheriff that let her go and that the judge may hold the sheriff in contempt over that. There was also a recommendation against home monitoring that LA ignored. Ooopps

But it does go to show you that we have three types of justice in this country.
One for rich pretty celebs
Another for rich powerful people
And a third for us.
Little do you realize how much further it goes than that!

This is getting more interesting than just the "Poor Little Rich Bit..!"

Apparently, the sheriff believes he has full jurisdiction over Paris now that she's sentenced. The judge orders her to appear and show cause why she shouldn't be in jail. The sheriff refuses transport and arranges a telephone appearance without the judge being aware or his consent.

The judge discovers this and specifically orders the sheriff to pick her up or be in contempt of court. So, she's cuffed and hauled off in the back of a patrol car.

Meanwhile, can you believe Fox News had the audacity to cut to a press conference about the Joint Chiefs' Chairman retiring?!?! Geeze!

Another tidbit I learned... she turned herself into the jail at night with 11:55PM being the official booking time. She was released three nights later at 12:10AM. She receieved a day's credit each for those five and ten minute time periods. What's wrong with this picture?

This is getting more interesting than just the "Poor Little Rich Bit..!"

Apparently, the sheriff believes he has full jurisdiction over Paris now that she's sentenced. The judge orders her to appear and show cause why she shouldn't be in jail. The sheriff refuses transport and arranges a telephone appearance without the judge being aware or his consent.

The judge discovers this and specifically orders the sheriff to pick her up or be in contempt of court. So, she's cuffed and hauled off in the back of a patrol car.

Meanwhile, can you believe Fox News had the audacity to cut to a press conference about the Joint Chiefs' Chairman retiring?!?! Geeze!

Another tidbit I learned... she turned herself into the jail at night with 11:55PM being the official booking time. She was released three nights later at 12:10AM. She receieved a day's credit each for those five and ten minute time periods. What's wrong with this picture?

I haven't read any of the articles, but it sounds to me like someone needs to put a leash on this "sherf." And it looks like they've found a judge willing to do it.

Had I been the judge, he wouldn't have received a warning. He'd be in his own holding cell right now.

What it comes down to is that when a judge tells you to do something, you do it.

I haven't read any of the articles, but it sounds to me like someone needs to put a leash on this "sherf." And it looks like they've found a judge willing to do it.

Had I been the judge, he wouldn't have received a warning. He'd be in his own holding cell right now.

What it comes down to is that when a judge tells you to do something, you do it.
I'd agree, indeed. I've never met a judge who likes to be mocked (Unless the defendant is a high profile, murderous, black, former athlete).

A lot of folks don't like Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio. But, I think many of those same people would enjoy seeing little Paris in his custody. He's one sheriff who would follow the judge's order to the letter.

People here at work are really worked up over this. As for me, I'm indifferent. She's incredibly wealthy and it's a comparatively minor offense so whether she serves the 23 days or not doesn't make a hill-of-beans worth of difference. Recall when the Wal-Mart heiress was caught cheating her way though college a couple of years ago? Do you think her cheating mattered one iota (other than the embarrassment)? Is it right? No. But there are so many other things that are so much more wrong that this shouldn't be enough to rile someone up. It is, however, great Friday afternoon fodder that's fun to talk about to pass the time until the whistle blows.

Shoot, if I were the Sheriff I'd have done the introductory strip search myself. And I'd be there to hand her the towel every morning after the 8 a.m. shower. Don't even ask ask about early release, that's just a bad joke waiting to be told.

And the sl*t/b*tch joke was good for a belly laugh. I hadn't heard that since jr. high and had forgotten all about it.

she now has to serve all 45 days. wouldn't it likely have been somewhat shorter had she just sucked it up?

how she is handling this really points up what a frickin mess she is.

she now has to serve all 45 days. wouldn't it likely have been somewhat shorter had she just sucked it up?

how she is handling this really points up what a frickin mess she is.
Well, she has such a wonderful role model in her mother...
Hilton's mother was later seen pacing the hallways, telling reporters, "I'm paralyzed right now."
And, I love this line from TMZ...
TMZ has confirmed that Paris Hilton is currently being checked into Twin Towers Correctional Facility, the same place where she checked herself into custody on Sunday night after the MTV Movie awards.
Since when is going to jail being "checked in"? Booking sounds so much better and has the ring she deserves.

And finally...
Paris Hilton will probably spend the weekend in a medical ward at the jail facility where she surrendered Sunday night, referred to as Twin Towers.

We're told the plans will firm up within an hour. Hilton will stay there over the weekend, when her lawyer will file an appeal, called a writ of habeas corpus, which means, essentially, the body is being held illegally.
Let's see... you break the law with a DUI. You're placed on probation. Then, you violate probation... not once but several times. The judge sends you to jail to send home the message of your actions and seriousness thereof. But, it's illegal? Someone please tell me this lawyer with a couple decades-plus of education and repetitive education and experience, supposedly at criminal law, does not truly believe she's "being held illegally"?

Goodgriefgollygeewhiz! :rolleyes:

I want to know how much the sherf was bribed to let her out.
Ya gotta wonder if something was at play here. We might see some significant contributions to his next run for office.

The judge was none too pleased to hear about her telephone appearance through Harvey Levin on the radio.
Judge Michael Sauer said that before Paris was released, he was contacted by the Sheriff and told they would file a motion to place Paris under house arrest. The judge said the motion was never filed, and added, "There's no way I would have approved it even if I got the motion."

The prosecutor, Dan Jeffries, who is also ****ed at the Sheriff, accused the Sheriff of "assuming all three roles of the criminal justice system," claiming "Sheriff Lee Baca is interpreting the law all by himself."
TMZ was all the talk in open court today.

Judge Sauer said, "I heard Harvey Levin on the radio on 710 this morning," discussing that Paris would testify by phone. The judge said he had been unaware that this plan was brewing. Paris' lawyer, Richard Hutton, also said he heard the news from TMZ.

The judge then said he saw the story on TMZ with the headline, "Get Your Ass To Court."

The judge said no one had agreed to telephone testimony. For the record, the court spokesperson told TMZ the testimony would be given by phone.

The judge, whom TMZ has trashed for handing down a 45-day sentence, said, "That tells you about the reputation of some news agencies. Not FOX news, but TMZ."

The judge then said, "Enough of Harvey Levin for the day."
TMZ has obtained the order Judge Michael Sauer signed today. We're no handwriting experts, but he seems ****ed.
0608_paris_doc_launch_03.jpg

Doh!

She needs to do this time and then live life like a nun. A first DUI should be a felony but I don't think it is in any state. It's not a felony in GA until the fourth offense which is ridiculous.

I agree she needs to be in jail, I also agree in this case the Sheriff is in the wrong, but I have seen time and again that it is usually the judge that forgets he is part of a system. A system that does NOT place him above everyone as god.

I agree she needs to be in jail, I also agree in this case the Sheriff is in the wrong, but I have seen time and again that it is usually the judge that forgets he is part of a system. A system that does NOT place him above everyone as god.

Geez, this thing has 'Big, Slow-Moving Train Wreck' written all over it. I'm surprised the Sheriff did not have the good sense enough to keep himself far, far away and instead got sucked into making a Career Limiting Move.

i figured out what this thread needs: glider thread creep! how you ask? stick with me:

the primo award that a glider pilot can win year to year is the Barron Hilton Cup. fly the longest triangle flight in your region (US is split into east and west) and you get invited to the Hilton Ranch for a week to fly whatever you want wherever you want.

Matt Michael and I are promoting our club to go cross country, borrowing an idea from our friend Burt Compton. We will offer a dollar a mile for the longest handicapped straight out flight from Ames IA by a club member. We have decided to name our award the Paris Hilton Cup.

Of course many have pointed out that if its the Paris Hilton cup we really should make it an out and return flight :D

back to your scheduled programming...

Well, curiosity finally got the better of me; I wondered why this thread keeps coming back to the top. Now having glanced through the thread I have an announcement:

That's it! Y'all who've replied in this thread are no longer my friends. I don't hang with losers. This whiney sniveling witch should just disappear. I hear Tony Soprano is looking for a job.

I heard on yesterday's news Paris ordered her lawyers not to appeal; not that she had much of a basis for appeal to start with. I rather think the lawyers defined that rule for her rather than the money ruling over the rule of law. Does that rule make sense?

Oh, and her parents are reportedly very proud of her for not appealing and accepting her sentence. Yes, such an accomplishment!

How can a beautiful girl with such a huge trust fund still be a worthless slut? The practical side of me always considers economic factors in a situation. If she ever gets married, will the "bang for the buck" rule apply?

Yes, it takes some much longer than others..to find out
I don't know exactly why.... but that too, is historical fact
I've got another "historical fact" for ya ... The Spin Zone was created for this sort of crap... why don't you take it there, where it belongs? I stopped going there to get away from that sort of bile.

Thanks. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I don't want to move the whole thread to Spin Zone, but that's where it's headed if there are any more posts of the political/war nature here.

Back