PAR low approach at KMGE

Nsconductor

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Nsconductor
Any ATL approach controllers around? Curious if it still possible to get a practice PAR terminating in a low approach to Dobbins? Years ago they were glad to work anyone that would ask - but that was years ago. Just moved back to North Georgia about a year ago and haven’t ask. Curious if there is a LOA that answers the question.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I just called base ops and they said no, only military. Not sure if he knows what he’s talking about though. FAA site says a PAR exists but the radar mins section only shows ASR mins. Strange. You can always do a X country to Hunter. I know they’ll let you do one with a low approach.

Thanks! I saw the ASR mins and thought that was odd as well. I flew CH-47s out of Hunter so next time I go down that way I’ll call them up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I just called base ops and they said no, only military. Not sure if he knows what he’s talking about though. FAA site says a PAR exists but the radar mins section only shows ASR mins. Strange. You can always do a X country to Hunter. I know they’ll let you do one with a low approach.

What FAA site do you mean? The A/FD says ASR/PAR, but all of the Approach plates just say ASR in that box upper right just under missed approach . I think the A/FD is out of date. Can you find the FLIP?

Back