paperwork for next AME visit?

airguy

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
airguy
I guess this is targetted most at Doc Bruce for an answer, but feel free to chime in with any advice.

I got all 4 wisdom teeth cut out yesterday, with all the expected prescription meds going along with that. I know I'll need to report the meds on my next 3rd class along with the dental visit, but is there any type of followup paperwork or statement from my dentist needed to close out this event for the FAA?

As for the experience itself, not nearly as bad as I was expecting. I did it on a Friday thinking I would be able to maximize my chances of recovering in time to return to work on Monday - in reality I'm quite sore right now but could easily return to work today. I used one of the "sedation dentists" that was highly recommended, was a good call in my experience.

Although I am not an AME and have no where near the knowledge that he acquires, I believe you would only list the CURRENT medications that you are taking at the time of the medical. However, you would have to report the visit, what was done, etc. Beyond that and as far as any paperwork required from the doctor, I am unsure.:dunno:

Wait until you're off the pain meds to ask these questions. ;)

The form has explicit instructions for what to put on it. Grab a copy early and then you'll know. ;)

Airguy, assuming your exposure is short (three-four days at the most), and you don't get a "dry socket", wait 72 hours after your last vicodin and go fly. This is a ho-hum at the AME office :)

Last edited:
Glad to hear it. So far so good, healing nicely and the pain is relatively mild, haven't taken any "blacklist" meds since yesterday morning and don't think I'll need to. Got tired of sitting on my butt and went to the shop this afternoon and riveted on the top aft fuselage skins on my RV9A project. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back