Papa Red - Little Bird. We're taking fire!

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
Bullet Holes Found In 2 Planes At Airport
Pilots Advised To Make Steep Approach Into Tamiami Airport

MIAMI-DADE COUNTY, Fla. -- The FBI is investigating after bullet holes were found in two small-engine planes at Tamiami Airport in Kendall.

Officials aren't sure where the bullet holes came from, but they aren't taking any chances.

Recently, the Federal Aviation Administration issued a notice to airmen at Tamiami Airport.

Pilots are being advised to take the runways by making a steep approach. It's an effort that will hopefully keep the planes out of target, officials said.
...more
http://www.local10.com/news/16277895/detail.html

:hairraise:

Re: Papa Red - Litte Bird. We're taking fire!

That's not at all uncommon in the SW, from what I hear. One of the DEs I had down in PHX is the airport manager in Nogales, Az...he has lots of stories of getting shot at while flying freight along the border. He said one night he was flying a Merlin low over the NM desert and took particularly heavy small arms fire. When he got back on the ground, the line guy found a bullet hole right behind the cockpit. He traced the hole up through the cockpit floor, through the back of the pilot's seat, right up to the bullet itself, lodged in the left side head rest.

Re: Papa Red - Litte Bird. We're taking fire!

Merde! Are we allowed to carry bombs and arm our hard-points now? :eek: Self Defense!

Hmm... I have an uncle who flies out of there.

I'll have to tell him to stop shooting airplanes. :rofl:

Back