Pandemic flying

Above average for some reason -- lots of people buying planes, needing prebuys, needing checkouts and insurance transitions and all manner of nonsense. It's sort of naynays, although I wonder how much of those PPP funds have landed in my account :D

The airport cafes near me have either boarded up for good or are back in biz like nothing happened -- nothing in between.

Fortunate to have completed both the annual and a Flight Review in the weeks before the pandemic became widespread in early March. Since then all local flights with an average of an hour or so every week.

I did one destination trip and that was turn and burn (tortoise rescue!). Haven't been anywhere, nowhere to go. My hours are down. Starting to wonder why I still own the damn thing.

I've flown a crap ton. Flight reviews given and received, multiple times to Indiana, Kentucky, Indiana, Upper Peninsula. Can't do some things local (because apparently you can only get covid in a bowling alley but not a restaurant), so I travel to do them.

I've still been flying, but have used the time to work on my instrument rating rather than some of the longer trips that I had planned for this summer. Most of my destinations were closed or cancelled so rather than not fly, I am about halfway through my hours for the IR. Hopefully I'll be ready for my checkride before winter.

Been flying more, but this mostly because of a new project that started in late January (bought a house), have been there most weekends. No "trips," per se, and nearly all events to which I expected to fly have been canceled.

There was one which would have aggregated ten or more hours, but another attendee invited us to travel on their jet. Yes, please.

Back