Pancakes in metro Atlanta Saturday 1/6

rpadula

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
PancakeBunny
Let's start the new year off right -- with pancakes at the EAA hangar at LZU this Saturday morning!!! Perhaps around 9:30 and stay for the 10:30 lecture on maintenance?

I'll be wearing a red shirt or jacket (I posted this first on the red board), but I may try to wear my Commander cap as well, even though it makes me look like a dork.

See you there!

-Rich

Why not wear a red pancake? :)

Hope you have a blast and give lots of Young Eagle rides!

I have the 172 scheduled, now just to clear it with the boss. ;) :blowingkisses:

Let's start the new year off right -- with pancakes at the EAA hangar at LZU this Saturday morning!!! Perhaps around 9:30 and stay for the 10:30 lecture on maintenance?

OK, I'll be there! Where on the field is the EAA hangar?

The boss and daughter may/may not come, so staying for the lecture depends on what they want to do after breakfast.

I now have the 182 booked, N152CF.

Bill,

Sounds great!! Where's ya Mooney?

Attached is a markup I made for the red board. Ramp is usually pretty full and people park in the grass in the green zone.

Also, we got standardized, lighted taxiway signs last month, so most of the names have changed (I think they got a discount on letters at the end of the alphabet). But, IIRC, taxiways D&E leading to the north ramp are still D&E. Will check when I get home tonight.

-Rich

Attachments

• LZUdiagram.jpg
    LZUdiagram.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 15
Bill,

Sounds great!! Where's ya Mooney?

Attached is a markup I made for the red board.

Da Mooney is still in the paint shop, then she goes to the interior lady, then finish the annual. We're hoping end of January, but prepared for mid-February (knowing how these things slide).

Thanks for the diagram markup. I'll have to think of something to wear to make me stand out, like maybe an AOPA hat or something? :rofl:

Updated taxiway names at LZU attached.

It's been a while since I fired up Photoshop, so I couldn't resist a little embellishment. :)

-Rich

Attachments

• UpdatedLZUtaxiNames.jpg
    UpdatedLZUtaxiNames.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 13
I may be there, depending on weather (and thus my ride!).

Last edited:
I'd show up but I'm planning on a mock checkride for my commercial. Between weather, holidays and my escapes on a long cross country, it's long overdue. Let's hope weather holds up this Saturday!

Rich ,I'd be there but 5-51/2 hours is a little far to go for Pancakes. Have Fun Ya'll.
BTW Rich how many Kids have you flown for Young Eagles?
I have 112 now.
Dave G.

Well myself and John are not going to make it, the ground fog was just not conducive to flying this morning.

The good news is though the weather looks great, John is wanting to get up so we may hit the skies this afternoon!

Well myself and John are not going to make it, the ground fog was just not conducive to flying this morning.

The good news is though the weather looks great, John is wanting to get up so we may hit the skies this afternoon!

It is shaping up to be a nice day. This morning was a mess, though.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Current Weather Conditions:
Atlanta, Peachtree City-Falcon Field, GA, United States
[/FONT]

[SIZE=-1][FONT=Arial,Helvetica](KFFC) 33-21-19N 084-34-01W 248M [/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Conditions at [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Jan 06, 2007 - 07:53 AM ESTJan 06, 2007 - 06:53 AM CSTJan 06, 2007 - 05:53 AM MSTJan 06, 2007 - 04:53 AM PSTJan 06, 2007 - 03:53 AM ASTJan 06, 2007 - 02:53 AM HST
2007.01.06 1253 UTC [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Wind [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Calm [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Visibility [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]1/4 mile(s) [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Sky conditions [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]overcast [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Weather [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Fog [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Temperature [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]37.9 F (3.3 C) [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Dew Point [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]37.9 F (3.3 C) [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Relative Humidity [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]100% [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Pressure (altimeter) [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]30.08 in. Hg (1018 hPa) [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]ob [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]KFFC 061253Z AUTO 00000KT 1/4SM FG BKN001 OVC006 03/03 A3008 RMK AO2 SLP189 T00330033 [/FONT]

It was IFR this morning, but the afternoon was great! I had a bumpy ride over to get Tom, but it was smooth and clear when we flew. Tomorrows forecast shows the weather going down again.......

It looked horrible at first but the late morning and afternoon turned out great. So, I added another 2.2 of ups, downs and all arounds... and other dirty stuff!

Well, it was a nice day. Was I in the only place that didn't have fog this morning? When I peeked out the window at 8AM it was clear!

Got an unfortunate call from Bill Jennings as I was heading out the door that he wouldn't be making it -- previous day's club member is VFR only and can't get the plane back. Now he really can't wait for the Mooney to be finished! We'll catch ya next time, Bill.

I did meet one Red Boarder there. After yummy pancakes, the previous owner of 94J and I did a little flyin'. Over to AHN for a VOR check, and then up to Jackson County for that scrumptuous $2.99 100LL. :yes:

Can't believe it was 70 degress in January, though!

-Rich

i wish I would have found this thread a couple days ago. I've been busy studying for the commercial written...in fact I was working on it today in the fbo right next to the EAA hangar. Woulda been nice to have had a couple pancakes before i sat myself in front of that computer for an hour today! What an awesome January day in Georgia!!!!!!

It was IFR this morning, but the afternoon was great! I had a bumpy ride over to get Tom, but it was smooth and clear when we flew. Tomorrows forecast shows the weather going down again.......

I think you were making up the "bumps" so you could make me feel bad about you flying over! ;) Especially since it was smooth when we flew. :p

BTW...it was a great flight John and it was nice to see your home. Next time, either in my bird or yours, we'll fly over my place. Like I said, it is right next to Mallards Landing.

Oh BTW...did ANYONE mention Georgia Pilots at the EAA meeting? Hmmmm????? LOL

Back