Palm Treo

Terry

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Terry
Hi All:

I am thinking of purchasing a Palm Treo.

Any comments?

I have a Dell Axim but my cell phone is about to bite the dust and I thought this might be a good move.

However, my cell bill will go up $15 a month for unlimited data.

Thanks;

Terry

Terry, both my wife and I have Treo's. The only difference is she has a Windows based O.S. and I have a Palm O.S.

If going with a Treo I recommend going with the Windows O.S. as you have the ability to open documents more readily.

Overall, we both love the phones.

Hi All:

I am thinking of purchasing a Palm Treo.

Any comments?

I have a Dell Axim but my cell phone is about to bite the dust and I thought this might be a good move.

However, my cell bill will go up $15 a month for unlimited data.

Thanks;

Terry
I've had one for a year -- a litle bulky, but the functionality makes up for that...

I can't say my experience has been as good. I have had a Treo 650 since mid-2005. A few times a week, it will lock up. I have to wait 20-60 seconds during which time it still buffers any keystrokes. On occasion, it will reboot with no warning. It had been much worse before I loaded the latest Palm OS version.

Back before Christmas, I took a shot at the great trade-in deal on the Treo 680. It had problems right out of the box. It didn't help matter that the battery was different and I had just bought two new batteries for the 650. The design was slightly different with a relocated camera eye so the $55 leather case for the 650 would not work. I returned it within a week and kept the 650.

I love the phone. It has some awesome features and there's an incredible amount of software available. The web function provides me with all the weather data I need from both ADDS and Wunderground with even decent radar images. I just wish it would stop locking up on me. I'm hoping they correct this in time.

I highly recommend Phonescoop.com for good feedback as well as feature information on all phones, including the Palm.

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/manufacturer.php?m=14

I have the Treo 700 and really like it except for the blankedy blank blank blue tooth connection. I've about thrown it against the wall several times because of that flaw. Tried three different head sets: Motorola, Jabra and another.

Seem if you put the setting in vibrate; no more blue tooth connection. Then, when you re-charge the headset you must resync the thing. Then, it can't find the BT connections; so, you have to reset the Treo with the head set off; then, bring each on. Try doing this when driving to a meeting when I'm trying to benefit from the BT feature.

Best,

Dave

I have a 700. I'm fairly pleased with it. No BT problems with it, it synchs just fine with my Garmin Zumo. (And from Zumo I have a wired headset to helmet, waiting for BT headset to come in)

Camera takes decent pics, if your into that kind of thing, music sounds good, but I just wish the keyboard was a tad bit bigger.

I love my Treo 700 (Palm OS), but Windows OS might be better for viewing some files I guess. I was just looking for ease of data transfer from my old Palms - probably not a good reason. Anyway, no problems at all other than sync'ing the photos and videos that are stored on card, which is probably my fault somehow. Everything else sincs fine.

I just remembered: the first one I got couldn't be made to work with Bluetooth, even at Verizon, so they gave me another and no more problems.

Back