Palm Springs Airport Question

VWGhiaBob

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
VWGhiaBob
I travel to Palms Springs frequently and may actually move there. Though Signature is great, I HATE leaving my Cirrus SR22 out in the 120 degree sun. Besides the potential for cosmetic damage, I understand this can be rough on the avionics as well, not to mention what it's like to get into the plane (which has an all-black leather interior).

Question...Does anyone know if there are KPSP transient hangar options...daily, or weekend, up to a week?

Along those lines, I remember seeing an app once facilitating connections between hangar owners and transient pilots...almost like an Uber for hangars. Anyone tried this app and / or have a link or app name?

I travel to Palms Springs frequently and may actually move there. Though Signature is great, I HATE leaving my Cirrus SR22 out in the 120 degree sun. Besides the potential for cosmetic damage, I understand this can be rough on the avionics as well, not to mention what it's like to get into the plane (which has an all-black leather interior).

Question...Does anyone know if there are KPSP transient hangar options...daily, or weekend, up to a week?

Along those lines, I remember seeing an app once facilitating connections between hangar owners and transient pilots...almost like an Uber for hangars. Anyone tried this app and / or have a link or app name?

I know Atlantic had it about 5 years ago. I'd bet Signature and them both still do. Call em

I know Atlantic had it about 5 years ago. I'd bet Signature and them both still do. Call em

They also have a pool, and a SUPER sketchy shop over there, like zen master James almost beat a old man status lol

I was at signature.

Transient they have the big $$ hangar.

I didn’t pay much for my T hangar.

But as someone who lived there for a loooong time, rethink it, look into big bear

As much as it breaks my heart, that was the only place I had to draw my pistol center mass on an wannabe home intruder (or three) and I was in a rather nice area.

Last edited:
Already have a place near Big Bear (Green Valley Lake) and use the airport there. Looking to have a desert place as well...

They also have a pool, and a SUPER sketchy shop over there, like zen master James almost beat a old man status lol

I was at signature.

Transient they have the big $$ hangar.

I didn’t pay much for my T hangar.

But as someone who lived there for a loooong time, rethink it, look into big bear

I’d go with big bear unless you are down with a local gang

And even big bear had a little bit of a meth problem

Living in either Big Bear or Palm Springs, you'll be impacted by the summer monsoons. Although, it would be nice to snowbird to PSP during the winter, then escape to the cool mountains in the summer.

I didn't know Palm Springs had a low life element. My only experience in the region is the aerial tramway, and JW Marriot resort. I hope it doesn't go the way of the high desert which has a lot of the gang element.

Might be worth asking at Atlantic, we go there couple times a year and use Atlantic.. though we park outside since we're usually there only a couple hours

Also, Bermuda Dunes may have options for you and worth looking at. There's a good track near it as well.. if you are into that sort of thing, and near golfing

Unless you *really* want to be in Palm Springs specifically then I think there are better spots. Once you are outside of the busier touristy areas I am not that impressed with it

Havasu is also in the desert, but at least has a lake and a good restaurant with beer on the field

Kern Valley is sort of "middle of nowhere" status but with the river and the lake right there it's a cool spot

From the OP...I already have a vacation home near Big Bear (Green Valley Lake...actually a much better alternative IMHO...cheaper, low key, just as or more beautiful: www.green-valley-lake.com/). Back to my question in case anyone is interested in my topic: I contacted Signature, and yes, they do have hangar parking @$110 / 24 hours. They will also consider a lower fee for partial day use on a case by case basis. I will probably use them to avoid frying my Cirrus...at least until I have a hangar and move there. I also reached out to Atlantic, but so far they have not responded.

In the meantime...my other question...does anyone know the name of the start-up app / company that matches transient pilots with private hangars around the country?

Update from OP. Both Signature and Atlantic have nightly rates: $50 during off season (summer) and $100 in season (Fall / Winter / Spring). They both have some hangars also that can be leased, though Signature’s hangars can’t fit a Cirrus.

Back