Painted the cougar today

stingray

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Daniel Michaels
I got most of the fuselage done. I think I am going to do the other stripes with vinyl this paint bleeds through too easy.

I bought a Vinyl cutter so I can either cut the colored vinyl or just paint white vinyl and then apply it.

I can also now cut "N" numbers for anyone that needs them in masking or vinyl.

Dan

Attachments

• DSC_0007 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0007 (Medium).JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC_0005 (Medium).JPG
    DSC_0005 (Medium).JPG
    49.1 KB · Views: 30
Very nice.... Great job on those numbers with the little black mask.

I've worked with vinyl on my hobbies (RC Planes), and it's a great product to work with and the talented can do quite a bit with it. Looks great and bubble free...

Very nice.... Great job on those numbers with the little black mask.

I've worked with vinyl on my hobbies (RC Planes), and it's a great product to work with and the talented can do quite a bit with it. Looks great and bubble free...

Those are painted on using a mask. The shadow is burgundy, and done freehand with fine line tape. It was after this or because of it, that I decided to get the cutter. It has not arrived yet. I will do the rest of the stripes with it. It will be far easier than painting on the plane.

Dan

That looks really nice. How well does the vinyl bond? Is it something you expect to replace every so often? I know Cessna used vinyl on the early Restart 172s and 182s with poor results, although you probably can't compare factory efforts with personal attention.

Looking very sharp!

That looks really nice. How well does the vinyl bond? Is it something you expect to replace every so often? I know Cessna used vinyl on the early Restart 172s and 182s with poor results, although you probably can't compare factory efforts with personal attention.

Looking very sharp!

Not sure but I find it hard to believe that they would come off. The AA-1A that I am working on has vinyl stripes and numbers they were not that easy to get off on the parts I replaced. (I removed them to see how hard they would come off) The owner wanted a different scheme. He ended up wanting flames, I told him those would have to be painted on so he gave up. I have vinyl numbers on the Bellanca and I have a vinyl decal on the Cessna.

Dan

Back