Paint Shop Central US?

codeeno

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
codeeno
42W is past due for new paint. Her 1976 paint while "cool" is in rough shape.

I need to find a paint shop that can update her with something newer and basic-ish, that won't require me to eat Ramen noodles 3x per day 6.5 days of the week.

Anyone with good suggestions on a good shop that's reasonable within 600 miles-ish or so of Colorado? I can go farther if the price/shop is good.

Thanks

Dean

I need to find a paint shop that can update her with something newer and basic-ish, that won't require me to eat Ramen noodles 3x per day 6.5 days of the week.

Anyone with good suggestions on a good shop that's reasonable within 600 miles-ish or so of Colorado? I can go farther if the price/shop is good.

Thanks

Dean
Used to be a good one in Akron, but I think it closed. CAP uses one in Nebraska or Kansas, I'll check around.

There's one in Mena, AR that's supposed to be pretty reasonable.
Used to be a good one in Akron, but I think it closed. CAP uses one in Nebraska or Kansas, I'll check around.

I think that one is in McCook, NE

Lots of people around here talk about Brandis in Taylorville IL.

How much you want to spend. There is a paint shop in Benton Harbor, MI. One of the best in the country, but it will cost you.

Thanks

Dean

600 miles/ish from Colorado - I've never used them but know of a couple of RV guys who have and speak well of them. Wickinburg, AZ.

http://www.masteraircraftservicesinc.com/

Thanks all for the responses - she is now in a shop - I am trying to be as patient as possible - as time and the project progresses

Dean

There's still one in Akron but I don't think it's that good (anymore) the guys from butterfly aviation last week told me they just got a 195 back from there but it took 9 months and they weren't happy with the quality.

Thanks all for the responses - she is now in a shop - I am trying to be as patient as possible - as time and the project progresses

Dean

Where did you decide? Our Dakota is in for paint at Meadow Lake. We can compare pics and invoices when we’re both done. :)

There's still one in Akron but I don't think it's that good (anymore) the guys from butterfly aviation last week told me they just got a 195 back from there but it took 9 months and they weren't happy with the quality.
Yup....Akron's gone downhill. Exec at FTG got an aircraft back last summer and had to repair all the control surfaces due to a really bad paint and balance job.

That happens on scratch and shoots where flight controls are not removed for painting. We remove and balance all the flight controls and we don't do scratch and shoots, no way to warranty the work if you do.

Back