Paint job on my 182

Can I ask how much it cost? It is very likely a Cardinal RG repaint is a few years in my future...
The final bill came to $9,774 and change. That included:
Strip
Body work (some hail dings on top that weren't obvious until stripped)
Prep and re-paint
oil/filter change
air filter element change

I picked her back up a week ago, lots of delay due to weather and some trips I had to take via other transport means. Took about 2 months in their shop total.

I am happy with it. Maybe I'll post some more pics later. This was done at Urbana-Grimes Airport (I74) by Edge Aircraft.

Very smart. Here is why you need to get very good at hand flying first...
I didn't read the link, I think maybe I have seen too many of those. I stopped counting at 11.

Anyway, Climbing out at Monterey, CA KMRY RWY 10R at night with a passenger on his first flight, the A/P tried to drill me into the ground.

Yeah, I was sweating. But don't ever let your pax see you sweating.

I first observed a problem during taxi. I discounted it because it was precisely then that the tower switched the runways. The cross wind aileron correction felt wrong. It wasn't 'cross wind corection' at all, it was the A/P trying to steer me whilst on the ground. On run-up I had the conscience to 'disable' the A/P by pulling the CB. On departure and heading towards a hill I had to struggle to wrest control. Master-OFF.
Reset....in dark night. F me.

Last edited:
The final bill came to $9,774 and change. That included:
Strip
Body work (some hail dings on top that weren't obvious until stripped)
Prep and re-paint
oil/filter change
air filter element change

I picked her back up a week ago, lots of delay due to weather and some trips I had to take via other transport means. Took about 2 months in their shop total.

I am happy with it. Maybe I'll post some more pics later. This was done at Urbana-Grimes Airport (I74) by Edge Aircraft.
That's sounds pretty reasonable.:D

Stripping and repainting a plane is ALOT of work.... 10 grand does not seem too out of line.. IMHO.
Ben.

Hi!
I'm new here so I have no idea yet how this site works, I googled 182E factory paint schemes and this thread came up.
The pictures of your 182E paint job post aren't showing up. I also have a 62 182E that is almost original. I'd love to see your paint!!! Would you mind emailing them to me or however it's done?

Thank You!

Hi!
I'm new here so I have no idea yet how this site works, I googled 182E factory paint schemes and this thread came up.
The pictures of your 182E paint job post aren't showing up. I also have a 62 182E that is almost original. I'd love to see your paint!!! Would you mind emailing them to me or however it's done?

Thank You!

This thread is from 2012. Chances are that the pictures have since been taken down and are no longer available.

This thread is from 2012. Chances are that the pictures have since been taken down and are no longer available.
Morne spent a lot of money on the paint and he's pretty proud of it... I figure he's got them saved-I know I would.

I googled 182E factory paint schemes and this thread came up.
I'm partial to the 182E. My first airplane ride ever was in a near-new 182E, 2/12/1963. That original factory scheme brings back memories.

Screen Shot 2016-09-11 at 7.43.23 PM.png

cessna_182e_skylane_03.jpg

Less well known was the scheme for the base 182E, if purchased without the optional "Skylane" equipment package:

cessna_182e_02.jpg

Back