Painful to watch

ugghh... painful indeed....

One word: Ouch.

Seeing the aft section of the fuselage practically fold in half is something I hope I don't witness in my aviation career.

A little pressure to the center of the fuselage and........good as new!!

That was rather painful to watch. Kinda like listening to bones when the orthopaedist reduces a fracture.

Aww, a little metal work, a little bondo - good as new.

sheesh.

is it weird to squirm in your chair when you see that happen? I know I did...

I bet non-pilots would think (or do think) we are weird for being that way about an inanimate object... ya think?

...especially in a sweet bird like a 170.

Why in the world did they do that?! All they needed to do was take a 2X6 some 12 ft long to act as a cantilever fulcrum to pitch it up and over (but it would have helped to have had a strap and vehicle on the opposite side to keep it slow and controlled).

Sigh.

Jim

Ouch, what a loss.

I'm glad no one was seriously injured but the classic planes are disappearing far too fast to such acts.

So I'm thinking, "What's so 'awful' here - plane flipped, pilot ok ... oh, for crying out freaking loud!!" My wife came in from the front porch to see if I was ok!!

Bozos. The world is just full of Bozos. Damn.

If they defueled it first, they didn't put it on the video.

"Hey Burt, watch this....we'll have it flipped over in no time. We just attach our little come-along here, and....." ......Red Green.

sigh.
(also posted on the red board).

If they defueled it first, they didn't put it on the video.

"Hey Burt, watch this....we'll have it flipped over in no time. We just attach our little come-along here, and....." ......Red Green.

sigh.
(also posted on the red board).

I have seen them flip over and not spill or loose more than a couple cups of fuel even getting them back to being up right.

How would you defuel it upside down?

I have seen them flip over and not spill or loose more than a couple cups of fuel even getting them back to being up right.

How would you defuel it upside down?
Just take the caps off - it'll come right out! :D :D :eek:

Doesn't look like any damage done pulling it over; was work that didn't already need to be done.

The fuse wasnt buckled best as I could tell. I've put probably a dozen planes back on their wheels and never did it like that.

Back