Pain meds, adderall & medical cert. Success

J

Joe24680

I went to start my course and found out more of the details on the medical cert. Well I dont qualify by any means and I'm 30. Im looking for info from anyone who had success with being able to take these meds or got waivers basically anything to help me.
I have a herniated disk have been seeing back dr. Since I was 14 when it started causing testicular pain. Surgery is recommended but even dr. Said he wouldn't with low success rate. I am prescribed 8-50 mg tramadol and I go in a rotation of going off for months at a time yearly but even though I'm approved for 8 if you go off of my fill times I probably average 2 or 3. I fill 2-3x in 6 months without time off factored in. The doctor just prescribed me vicodin 2 months ago because of the latest recommendations of spine clinic. I am one of those that can obviously show I dont abuse my pain meds just by fill times. Is there any way to be approved to get cert. If you take these meds all the time but follow the 5x half life rule? Ame I talked with said 6 months off of them but spending a year min. In pain for a shot in dark isn't what I'm looking for. Also the meds would increase my flight capabilities not hinder them compared to the perfect person.

And wait there's more. I have been prescribed Strattera and adderal for last 6 months for add well yes I have some functions of add im not, the focus and motivation are problems of reduced pain meds and Dr knows that he justified it this way and had I been popping my max pain doses I would be perfect.
Any have luck staying on meds?

Looks like your choices will be Sport Pilot, gliders, or ultralights.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back