Pain medication

Tom-D

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
Tom-D
Talking to a guy that flys a motor glider, he says that is the aircraft that he is allowed to fly on prescription pain meds.

I'm thinking your on heavy pain meds and you flying anything? WTF

Does this make sense too anyone?

Umm... which prescription pain meds? Opioids, of course not... but some NSAIDs, even OTC ones in some strengths, are by prescription only.

I didn't ask what the circumstances were, I was taken back and didn't ask questions.

I'm not up on everything the FAA disallows. I can't imagine they would have a problem with most NSAIDs, nor could I see their feathers getting ruffled by Cox2 inhibitors. That does rather leave opioids. Either that, or the fellow had no idea what he was talking about. Given that he was one of Tom's associates we certainly can't rule that out. :D

Talking to a guy that flys a motor glider, he says that is the aircraft that he is allowed to fly on prescription pain meds.

You don't need to hold a medical to fly a glider, but 61.53 still applies:

"...a person shall not act as pilot in command, or in any other capacity as a required pilot flight crewmember, while that person knows or has reason to know of any medical condition that would make the person unable to operate the aircraft in a safe manner."

I'm not up on everything the FAA disallows. I can't imagine they would have a problem with most NSAIDs, nor could I see their feathers getting ruffled by Cox2 inhibitors. That does rather leave opioids. Either that, or the fellow had no idea what he was talking about. Given that he was one of Tom's associates we certainly can't rule that out. :D
Tom's Associates. ? I speak to a guy, and now you have to attach him to me? WHY?

Go ask Alice.

image.jpeg

The whole concept of a motorized glider not requiring an airplane rating doesn’t make sense to me. So why not.

The whole concept of a motorized glider not requiring an airplane rating doesn’t make sense to me. So why not.
For certification purposes, it is considered a self-launching glider. The engine and prop are not intended to be continuously run. There are some aircraft that could be certificates as a glider or an LSA.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back